WordSmart Kids is a learn to read app that creates a personalised, fun and supportive learning journey. WordSmart is designed the way our brains naturally learn and is successfully used in schools and homes throughout New Zealand and beyond.
Our app is based on scientific research and personal experience in literacy and psychology. Wordsmart believes that every child deserves the most positive learning-to-read experience because happy kids are better learners who live up to their full potential.
LEARN LITERACY WITH TAMA & TRACEY
- Fun literacy tasks using sound, sight, and touch.
- Engaging oral stories (also available as videos).
- Phonetic System to help children with learning differences.
- CVC and sight words, letter tracing to aid shape-sound matching.
- Long and short vowels, rhyming couplets, spelling activities.
- Mindfulness activities to help prime the brain and support impulse control.
FUN & REWARDING GAMEPLAY
- 29 child-friendly steps to reading.
- Process Feedback, pre and post-test.
- Rich immersive graphics.
- Earn rewards and dress avatars.
- Easy navigation.
- Personalised learning journey.
- Free to download.
- No ads, no in-app purchases.
- Parent, Teacher and Classroom share.
- Recommended age group 4 - 7 years and any child with a learning difference such as Dyslexia.
WORDSMART USES THE MAGIC OF INTERACTIVE STORYTELLING. Our fun and child-centred tasks are embedded in a fantastical story. Kids feel joy & excitement when joining our characters Tama & Tracey on their adventures. The interactive story motivates them to keep going even if tasks become more challenging.
WORDSMART TRIGGERS THE CHILD’S LEARNING SWEET SPOT. Our tasks stimulate the child’s analytical as well as their creative side. Each phoneme is introduced with a unique and funny short story. Children create a meaningful connection with the learning content. The young learner retains acquired knowledge better and learns faster.
WORDSMART ENCOURAGES HEALTHY BEHAVIOURS IN YOUNG LEARNERS. We have taken learning-to-read one step further. Our digital learning environment supports psychological well-being in a holistic way. Unique mindfulness activities are an integral part of the child’s learning journey. We use strategies to support and strengthen healthy core beliefs so that children experience positive emotions while learning.
- Each subscription gives one child access
- Please get in touch for solutions for educators at email@example.com
For assistance or feedback, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Huge August update with new levels, activities and school functions:
- Pre and Post Test to measure a child's existing knowledge and measure ongoing performance.
- New classroom & teacher functions: Student share, classroom and teacher invite.
- Updates to Rhyming couplets and new spelling activities.
- New support function and improved ease of use.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Good learning for Kids
Good to see Mindfulness in a learn to read app. The kids really like the games and seem to picking up the letter sounds. Love the NZ feel to the learning experience.
Makes learning fun.
Our little one loves playing this. They enjoy collecting diamonds to dress up the character.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wordsmart Ltd
- 187.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0 to 5
- © Wordsmart Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.