Developed by experts and endorsed by parents and teachers, Write My Name is a fun way for children to practice writing letters, words, names and phrases. Write My Name supports children ages 4 through 6 to learn how to write their name, trace uppercase and lowercase letters, and write over 100 familiar sight/Dolch words. Write My Name meets some of the basic reading and writing Common Core State Standards for kindergarten such as the introduction and mastery of print and word recognition concepts.
■ How to Play
Embedded within a child’s beautiful wood desk space there are three activity areas that preschoolers and kindergarteners can explore as they practice and master writing their alphabet, name, and common sight words.
ABC alphabet book focuses on learning and tracing the individual uppercase or lowercase letters.
- Word cards introduce over 100+ common sight words where children trace words in uppercase or lowercase letters. Once the word is traced, the word card comes to life with vibrant colors and animations. Trace the word a second time and a star stamp is added to the student’s word journal. These rewards encourage children to keep progressing through all the words provided.
- My Name allows parents and teachers to create 100 name tags, including the child’s name with a picture for children to practice writing words that are especially meaningful for them.
■ Students with Special Needs
Write My Name is for children with special needs to help them practice emerging writing skills in a fun and playful way. Children with name writing as one of their IEP(individual education program) goals will especially benefit from the Write My Name learning application as it makes this task accessible and achievable to children with fine motor delays and sensory processing issues.
- Alphabet book to practice writing uppercase and lowercase letters
- Word cards to practice tracing over 100 common sight/Dolch words
- Create 100 individualized name tags or phrases with pictures
- Fingerpaint mode to write with blue paint and see the letters exactly as traced
- Calm background music that can be turned off or on in the options screen
- Designed for school and home use
- Superb artwork, music and real voice files
- Educational discounts for volume purchases
- Intuitive game design promotes independent play
■ How you can reach us!
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.iactionbook.com
We here at NC iactionbook consider your right to privacy to be of great importance. Our app includes:
- No third party advertisements
- No in-app purchases
- Parental-gate added for any Parents-Only zone
Ratings and Reviews
This app is good for children learning how to write their name. Makes them form the letters correctly and tells them the letters name. Would be good if you could make your own lists of words for them to write
Great app but...
I've only given this app a 3/5 because it freezes often while my son is using it. We have to close out of it to unfreeze it which is annoying because my son can't do it by himself. If this was fixed I would be changing the rating to a 5/5! Other than the freezing, it is definitely the by writing app out there.
Most successful letter tracing app so far for my SN 6 year old
A great little app as we've come to expect from Injini. My 6 year old SN daughter LOVES this, it is highly engaging. She is definitely using this much more than other letter tracing apps I have used. The "my name tags" section is especially useful as its customizable. The app has also had a very positive resonse from other kids in her class. One child with sensory issues finds the (optional) music very soothing and he stays engaged with the app for a much longer time than without. You can also record your own voice speaking the words.
Finger paint mode traces the exact movements of the finger or stylus and shows it at the end with the shadow letters removed, you can then capture a screen shot and save for later comparison of progress.
My only negatives are firstly, that you can only have 36 tags, which are available at any one time, and they are all accessible all the time. For example I am using them at home to learn to write family names and then school are using it for her words of the week. She is so engaged by the family names, its hard to keep her on track with the school work, however I have no way to hide the tags I don't want to use at that time. The only way is to delete them every time and then remake them, which is frustrating as I initally recorded her family speaking their own names.
Secondly it would be good to be able to capture photos directly from camera instead of having to save and upload them or even better be able to upload direct images from a search engine.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.