Make great music anywhere
GarageBand turns your iPad and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a fully featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards and guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone or guitar to instantly record a performance, with support for up to 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad and iPhone like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps and stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favourite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad or iPhone
• Share your songs using email or to social media sites like SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to some social media sites may require apps like iMovie, Clips or other third-party apps
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Hello there, App Developer. I just wanna let you know that your application is soooo amazing. I have been using your app on my iPad for years. But recently, the app would always crash. I don’t know what’s the reason. It would suddenly just stop playing whenever I used it. Although my iPad has an updated version. I can’t quite seem to understand the reason why it would stop. There will be a pop-up icon saying that the Garage Band app just suddenly stopped working. I don’t know if I’m the only one who’s experiencing it or either noticing it if ever. But I do hope that, you could check out of it for what’s the reason behind it. And I do hope that you could help me fix it. Thanks in advance.
PS: your app is still so amazing and I still love using it.
This app is so cool because I can play piano here and it is the reason why my parents bought me a piano last 2 years ago. I played piano here and I showed it to them. It has a good quality and you can sing in there. You can also adjust the way you want to hear yourself sing or talk. I think the only reason why I put 4 stars is because it takes up a lot of storage but over-all it’s good and I downloaded it right after I deleted it because I thought I can live without it but I’m wrong.
Dang, this app is really good.
This is great for a free app. It’s easy to mix, copy and paste, rename, and everything you need to do is there. Some people say that the sounds aren’t that good but I disagree. I love these sounds, especially the ones in the Sound Library. The stock plugins are really useful. They don’t sound cheap or weird or anything like that. I also like how it is compatible with other apps as well. Like ModelD, Zero Chorus, Zero Reverb, ToneBridge, and many more. I think that it’s a really good way to start learning to mix or produce songs. I’ve been using this app to produce music and songs for almost 3 years now, and it’s been doing a great job.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.