Grab is Southeast Asia's #1 ride-hailing app, food delivery service, and cashless payment solution all in one. Get the most convenient booking service for private cars and taxis from the largest community of drivers in the region, food delivery from your favourite restaurants to satisfy any craving, and cashless payments in-app and at merchants across the city. Whatever you need, Grab has you covered.
Grab's wide selection of services are available in 8 Southeast Asian countries (services vary by city):
• JustGrab: Get the nearest car or taxi at an affordable upfront fixed fare
• GrabCar, GrabCar 6: Affordable everyday private car or luxury ride; ride solo or with a crew up to 3 or 6; book a single ride or rent by the hour
• GrabBike: On-demand bike service; best choice to beat traffic quickly and safely
• GrabTaxi: Get a taxi with an upfront fixed fare wherever you are, whenever you want
• GrabShare: Share a ride with another party headed in the same direction and save money
• GrabTrike: Three-wheeled transport option which provides convenience and flexibility with upfront fixed fares
• GrabHitch: Social carpooling; Schedule your ride in advance and get a shared lift
• GrabFamily: Family-friendly ride with a child booster seat for your little ones
• GrabAssist: Extra assistance ride for seniors or people with disabilities
• GrabCoach: Book a minivan or bus whenever, wherever you need it
• GrabFood: Order from your favourite restaurant and get meals delivered to your doorstep
• GrabExpress: Affordable, fast and reliable courier service with insurance for your items
• GrabFresh: Handpicked groceries delivered from store to door within an hour or at a scheduled time
• GrabPay: A safe and secure mobile wallet where you can easily pay for your rides, food delivery, and at local merchants with just a few taps on the Grab app
• GrabRewards: Earn rewards points for every dollar you spend and use them to redeem awesome deals in the GrabRewards catalogue
From the day we arrive on the App Store
An update steps into the sun
There is more to see than can ever be seen
More Grab rides than can ever be done
There is too much food to order here
More rewards than can ever be found
A super app rolling out
On your smartphone device
Keeps pesky bugs away from your life
A new version of Grab!
It can move us all
From wherever we are
To where we must go…
Everything the light touches is your kingdom with version 5.54. Update now.
Ratings and Reviews
Best transportation app ever!
At the time I rated this app, I came home from a local fiesta while it was raining. All of the taxis were full and I couldn't get a cab. The route where I was waiting started to pile-up and I had to use Grab to get a ride home. The difficult part was me meeting with my driver. Thanks to the gps and messaging feature, I was able to stay in contact with my driver. We both agreed that I'd try to get to him because the roads were closed due to people staying in the middle of the street. I was about 10 feet from my driver when my battery died. I was still able to note down about where he was on the road and thanks also to the feature of describing the vehicle, I was able to find my driver, despite the crazy mess! If it wasn't for Grab or all other ride sharing apps, I would've walked all the way to my destination. The best feature about this app is the versatility it gives you when both you and your driver are having a hard time getting to a place in order to meet. You're connected with your driver and you'll arrive safe. I gave my driver a tip and I rated him excellent. These apps deserve 10 stars instead of 5.
Great app, Good service, Has room for improvements
The app is intuitive, i know how to navigate the menus to get the service i want (+1 star) (though, i don’t know how to navigate through promo codes that pop up once). I tried grab at pampanga once and knowing that there is grab there, i took a clark flight but when i tried to get a grab (drivers were busy 17x - that’s 3 whole stars down). I tried grab at the heart of grab - malaysia 5stars hands down. i wish grab philippines could be like malaysia’s system. room for improvements: accessibility in other cities or areas; backup built-in app when waze is not functioning due to low wifi signal or whatnot, cancellations may protect both parties but is unfair to both parties (driver and customer); cancellations should also hurt grab because it’s their ignorance of our ignorance. make grabfood establishments have strict adherence to update their menu price (dozen shock damages to my wallet). give us an option to remember our note to the driver (like notes for home, office, and another temporal note). PLUS i always get picked up and dropped off at the wrong places. green dots do not equal the address. give us editor function for placement of green dots. i want to be able to pinpoint beside a green dot and not on the dot itself. thank you for your service. also, is this app gdpr compliant?
Still doesn’t hold a candle to Uber
I am writing this review on this day that marks Uber’s final day of operations in the Philippines. I downloaded the Grab app at the same time I downloaded Uber back in 2014. But because of the better features on the Uber app and the overall better service by Uber cars and drivers, I booked Uber 99% of the time. Uber fares were also cheaper. The past year has seen a rise in the advertisement that Grab has taken from its merchant supporters and irritable pop-ups each time you open the app are not helping. Their Help Centre needs a little push when returning calls for lost or left items as well.
Grab’s finer points would be having a (1) rewards program that allows its riders to use points they’ve accumulated each time they complete a ride, for use with affiliated merchants or to take off P50 or P100 from a current booking (given how high their fares are, I almost always used up my rewards); (2) an efficient delivery service via motorcycle for those days that I need to send small packages within the metro.
Apart from these 2, that’s it. The riding public knows all the negatives that many Grab drivers do.
It would be nice if Grab ownership REALLY listens to its riders and starts to act on making the overall riding experience pleasant. But, it’s a money-making business after all. And I cannot wait for competition to step up. For now, I’m back to taking public commute.
- GRABTAXI HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
- 384 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Burmese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © GrabTaxi Holdings
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.