Grab is Southeast Asia's #1 ride-hailing app, food delivery service, and cashless payment solution all in one. Get the most convenient booking service for private cars and taxis from the largest community of drivers in the region, food delivery from your favourite restaurants to satisfy any craving, and cashless payments in-app and at merchants across the city. Whatever you need, Grab has you covered.
Grab's wide selection of services are available in 8 Southeast Asian countries (services vary by city):
• JustGrab: Get the nearest car or taxi at an affordable upfront fixed fare
• GrabCar, GrabCar 6: Affordable everyday private car or luxury ride; ride solo or with a crew up to 3 or 6; book a single ride or rent by the hour
• GrabBike: On-demand bike service; best choice to beat traffic quickly and safely
• GrabTaxi: Get a taxi with an upfront fixed fare wherever you are, whenever you want
• GrabShare: Share a ride with another party headed in the same direction and save money
• GrabTrike: Three-wheeled transport option which provides convenience and flexibility with upfront fixed fares
• GrabHitch: Social carpooling; Schedule your ride in advance and get a shared lift
• GrabFamily: Family-friendly ride with a child booster seat for your little ones
• GrabAssist: Extra assistance ride for seniors or people with disabilities
• GrabCoach: Book a minivan or bus whenever, wherever you need it
• GrabFood: Order from your favourite restaurant and get meals delivered to your doorstep
• GrabExpress: Affordable, fast and reliable courier service with insurance for your items
• GrabFresh: Handpicked groceries delivered from store to door within an hour or at a scheduled time
• GrabPay: A safe and secure mobile wallet where you can easily pay for your rides, food delivery, and at local merchants with just a few taps on the Grab app
• GrabRewards: Earn rewards points for every dollar you spend and use them to redeem awesome deals in the GrabRewards catalogue
• GrabWheels: It’s the new, fun, eco-friendly way to travel. Try it today!
Calendars are weird.
The earth takes 365.24 days to revolve around the sun. Julius Caesar fixed that by adding an extra day to the calendar every 4 years—29 February. But by rounding up to 365.25, this added 11 minutes to the calendar. Eventually, calendars fell out of sync, and we were 12 days ahead of the solar year. To solve this, the leap year is dropped 3 times every 400 years!
Our devs have more elegant solutions to bugs. Update your Grab to 5.86 to leap over to a better app experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best transportation app ever!
At the time I rated this app, I came home from a local fiesta while it was raining. All of the taxis were full and I couldn't get a cab. The route where I was waiting started to pile-up and I had to use Grab to get a ride home. The difficult part was me meeting with my driver. Thanks to the gps and messaging feature, I was able to stay in contact with my driver. We both agreed that I'd try to get to him because the roads were closed due to people staying in the middle of the street. I was about 10 feet from my driver when my battery died. I was still able to note down about where he was on the road and thanks also to the feature of describing the vehicle, I was able to find my driver, despite the crazy mess! If it wasn't for Grab or all other ride sharing apps, I would've walked all the way to my destination. The best feature about this app is the versatility it gives you when both you and your driver are having a hard time getting to a place in order to meet. You're connected with your driver and you'll arrive safe. I gave my driver a tip and I rated him excellent. These apps deserve 10 stars instead of 5.
Today was my first ever Grab Food. From my experience, earlier, I ordered from French Baker and unfortunately one meal was not available. So I tried ordering the same kind from another restaurant but I couldn’t so I had to wait for my first order to arrive before I could place another order. I waited for more or less 30mins. for each order so it was a total of 1hr when if I could’ve ordered the food at the same time then had both of my food in just half an hour.
It’s convenient, however, may I suggest you let the customers place orders from different restaurants otherwise it wouldn’t be any much different from the restaurant’s own delivery service. If we want food from both Restaurant A and Restaurant B we can’t order them simultaneously because we have to wait for the other one to arrive before we can place another order. Of course, unless, there’s two people in the household that can use Grab then that’s possible but sometimes that’s not the case for me and probably for other people. I could just call Restaurant A and Restaurant B afterwards then wait for both of them at the same time.
If you guys can have one driver get the food from different restaurants, that’s even better.
Still doesn’t hold a candle to Uber
I am writing this review on this day that marks Uber’s final day of operations in the Philippines. I downloaded the Grab app at the same time I downloaded Uber back in 2014. But because of the better features on the Uber app and the overall better service by Uber cars and drivers, I booked Uber 99% of the time. Uber fares were also cheaper. The past year has seen a rise in the advertisement that Grab has taken from its merchant supporters and irritable pop-ups each time you open the app are not helping. Their Help Centre needs a little push when returning calls for lost or left items as well.
Grab’s finer points would be having a (1) rewards program that allows its riders to use points they’ve accumulated each time they complete a ride, for use with affiliated merchants or to take off P50 or P100 from a current booking (given how high their fares are, I almost always used up my rewards); (2) an efficient delivery service via motorcycle for those days that I need to send small packages within the metro.
Apart from these 2, that’s it. The riding public knows all the negatives that many Grab drivers do.
It would be nice if Grab ownership REALLY listens to its riders and starts to act on making the overall riding experience pleasant. But, it’s a money-making business after all. And I cannot wait for competition to step up. For now, I’m back to taking public commute.
- GRABTAXI HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
- 573.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Burmese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © GrabTaxi Holdings
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.