Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
There are reviews about how good those scanners are but Lens is way better than all of those—combined. Convenient, automatically cropped scans and very easy to use. Just install and begin your scan. No login necessary.
It would be better if there is no maximum number of images that can be combined as a pdf. For now, the maximum no. is 10 images. Also, I wonder why the texts move away from the original place to where I inserted it when I saved the photo? I hope it could be resolved. Another suggestion is that if you could have pen option which can let us choose the thickness of the ink. Thank you!
It's an excellent app especially in digitizing documents into pdf files. I also often use this app together with OneNote app in digitizing my notes specifically taking my drawings in my notebook and transferring it into OneNote.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 41.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.