SkyView® Lite brings stargazing to everyone! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Downloaded over 27 million times.
If you like our lite version of SkyView then you'll love our full version! It includes: a convenient Apple Watch app, a Today Widget displaying tonight's brightest objects, ALL in-app purchases offered in this version, thousands more objects to discover, and more!
App Store Best of 2012
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® Lite and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® Lite is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
This update addresses minor bugs present in iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My little brother loved this app so much
I was looking up at the skies on one clear night when I saw a very bright moon and 2 nearby planets. I was very curious what those planets were (assumed they were Mars and Mercury) and so I looked it up online. Turns out the visible planets were Jupiter and Saturn! I then proceeded to browse the app store for some sky viewing apps and came across this one. Thought it was just another basic app cause it’s free and all. I was pleasantly surprised when I started using it! The precision! All I had to do was enable my location and calibrate my phone. My little brother loved this app so much, I ended up not being able to use my phone for the whole night!
Had so much fun watching the constellation. 😍😍
This app has been featured in a variety show in Korea. I really spend time in the app store looking for the name of it. Struggle is real. Hahahaha. And ta-da. Found it. 😍😍
Used to love this
I used to love this, and uses it to show to my 2year old son the planets. But suddenly it would not work properly. Even if I point my camera, nothing shows just a default screen. If, for example, I search the moon i would have rotated my phones already but it could not fine the moon.
I hope this app could be fixed.
- Terminal Eleven LLC
- 79.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Stargazing Music Pack ₱ 49.00
- Brightest Satellites & Sightings ₱ 49.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.