Communication Made Simple
Not being able to speak on your own is difficult. Talk For Me - Text to Speech, designed and engineered by a person who lost the ability to speak, seeks to make your life easier. Type in the main text area or tap one of the six main custom buttons and your iOS device will talk for you. Want to set up more custom phrases? Swipe up for more pages with custom editable buttons. Need even more? Save phrases in an archive database. This is great for saving partial sentences. A quick swipe left, select a sentence from your archive, and it will appear in the main window ready for you to complete. Can you type fast or need to spell a word? Turn on the Auto Speech Function to have every word or letter spoken as you enter it. Together with keyboard shortcuts, predictive text and your custom phrases, this app will allow you to communicate with ease.
• No active internet connection needed.
• Ad Free
• Multiple Voices*, including the Alex voice**
• Enhanced Quality Voices***.
• Support for Dynamic Type****
• Siri Shortcuts Support
• Auto Speech Function (Optional) - Every word is spoken as you enter it.
• Semi-Auto Speech Function - Use the keyboard return key to speak the text you typed.
• Punctuation Aware - Use Commas, Question Marks, Exclamation Points
• Undo Feature - Unintentional taps of the clear button are easily remedied.
• Slider to adjust the speech rate.
• Pause Button to stop speaking as needed.
• Quick Access Customizable Buttons (swipe up)
• Long press any custom button to set a descriptive title, custom phrase, and set the desired voice.
• Easily create a separate database of pre set phrases or sentence fragments that can be sent to the main window.
• Quick access to your archive. (swipe left)
• Portrait and Landscape Orientations
• Large buttons for easy use.
Please rate the app in the App Store. Go to MobileTouchTech.com for assistance and feature requests. Be careful to properly enter your email when using the Contact page as that will be my only way to reply. Or email me directly at darrin@MobileTouchTech.com.
* Languages currently supported are English (US) (AU) (UK), Spanish (MX) (ES), German, French (FR), Dutch (BE) (NL), Chinese (CN) (HK) (TW), Korean and Japanese.
** Alex is English (US) only. To use the Alex voice you have to first download it to your iOS device. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Spoken Content -> Voices -> English -> and select Alex to download the voice. (Requires iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display or later).
*** To use the enhanced quality voices, on your iOS device, open the Settings app, go to Accessibility > Spoken Content > Voices > and tap to download the enhanced version of the desired voice. At the present time, the following enhanced voices are supported (Requires iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display or later):
English (US) Siri Female "Nicky", Siri Male "Aaron", Alex, Allison, Ava, Samantha "Sam", and Tom
English (UK) Serena and Oliver
English (AU) Karen and Lee
Spanish (MX) Paulina and Juan
Spanish (ES) Marisol and Jorge
German (DE) Anna and Yannick
French (FR) Audrey and Thomas
Dutch (BE) Ellen
Dutch (NL) Claire and Xander
Chinese (CN) Siri Female "You-Shu" and Siri Male "Li-Mu"
Chinese (HK) Sin-Ji
Chinese (TW) Mei-Jia
Korean (KO) Yuna
Japanese (JP) Kyoko and Otoya
**** Dynamic Type: Open the Settings app. Go to Display & Brightness > Text Size and adjust the text to your preferred size. If you want even larger sized text, go to General > Accessibility > Large Text and turn that to On.
This update contains bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Add daniel’s voice
Good app but pls add daniel’s voice thank you very much hahaha
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Darrin Altman
- 1.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Darrin Altman
- ₱ 99.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.