Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
*** APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2017 ***
HERE’S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you’re new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly: no matter what app you’re in, a keyboard shortcut instantly reveals Quick Entry. Type your thoughts and save them to the Inbox. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to...”) and import from Reminders.
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE’S WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. As an example, take Type Travel, a remarkable new way to navigate your lists. You just start typing where you want to go – the name of any project, area, or to-do – and instantly you’re transported there. Or look at the Natural Date Input – just type “Tom(orrow)”, “Sat(urday)”, “in fou(r days)”, “Au(gust 1)”., and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of macOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest macOS technologies: Touch Bar, Today Widget, Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Share Extension, Handoff, and AppleScript.
5. And much more...
Everyone’s got their favorite feature, it’s impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
STAY PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Get Things for iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch and stay productive on the go (sold separately). The apps all stay updated via Things Cloud – the push sync service that we custom-built for Things.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble – please contact us. We provide world-class, professional support for Things, and we’ll be glad to help you.
• Changed the format that notes are stored in (as a result, you may notice a change to the way URLs and file links are presented visually).
• Unified the logic for ordering search results in Quick Find across all devices.
• Changed the behavior for “Open New Window”: it will now open the default list, rather than the list that is currently open.
• Already-delivered reminder notifications are now removed for a to-do if its parent project gets trashed.
• Fixed an issue where a reminder notification wouldn’t be cleared when the reminder time is rescheduled via another device.
• Fixed an issue where Today’s badge count wasn’t updated after completing/canceling items if logging was set to daily or manually.
• Fixed an issue where duplicate copies of the default tags would be created after a fresh install.
• Fixed an issue where the visible-or-not state of the sidebar would be lost when the app was restarted.
• Fixed an issue where Things URLs for showing a Contact list wouldn’t work.
• Fixed an issue where the incorrect color was shown for tag glyphs in Quick Find results.
• Fixed an issue where the Reminders Inbox feature would erroneously add a reminder time of midnight for tasks with a date but no time set.
• Fixed an issue where, if Quick Entry was dismissed via hotkey while a popover menu was open, mouse interactions could break for the entire app.
Over the past few months we’ve been working away on our Fall updates. Most of the great new features this year are for iPad and iPhone, such as multiple windows and a Home screen widget for iPad, powerful new actions for the Shortcuts app, a new Share Extension, and much more. Visit our blog to see everything that’s new!
We also have full support for macOS 10.15 Catalina, and several changes as outlined below.
Apple’s Reminders app has changed quite a bit this year. We’ve reworked the existing feature for adding to-dos to Things’ Inbox. As before, you’ll find this feature in Preferences > Reminders.
We’ve also built a new “Reminders Import” feature for users who want to migrate their entire Reminders database over to Things. You’ll find this feature in File > Import.
DARK MODE SCHEDULING
Things already had a Dark Mode that was tied to the system-wide setting on macOS, but the system can now switch the mode automatically on a daily schedule, meaning Things will switch on schedule too (unless you set Things’ mode manually, which is still possible).
Ratings and Reviews
Great Productivity App
I’ve been using this app on the iOS before I jumped on the Mac version. Initially thought that my productivity would have been the same but was pleasantly surprised when I was able to finish more tasks after installation. Really looking forward to finishing more tasks with this app! While the iOS version has jumpstarted my productivity, the Mac OS version helped continue my productivity streak. Thanks, Things 3!
I'm in love
Hoping to have time viewable. And color setting for tags. But all in all I love it.
I think, it is one of the best to-do list application in the market.
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 16 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2019 Cultured Code
- ₱ 2,490.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.