Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin.
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Center.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect folders, your clipboard, and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdmacfbk.
In this release we've worked through some bugs that were hanging around in our backlog. Some items we addressed include:
• Added background refresh for subscribed workspaces.
• Fixed an issue where the session window may jump to another monitor when auto-reconnect kicks in.
• Fixed an issue where the session window would sometimes be enlarged after connecting.
• Addressed an issue where the name of a redirected folder would be incorrect in the remote session.
• Fixed a bug that made it difficult to resize remote app windows.
• Improved the error messages that are displayed when user accounts fail to update.
• Fixed an issue where window titles in the list of connected remote apps were blank.
• Addressed a multimon issue where the mouse cursor shape would not update correctly when dragging between monitors.
• Added a checkbox to General Preferences to enable/disable Microsoft Teams optimizations.
• Added UI to report if a remote app could not be launched on the server due to not being on the system allow list.
• Fixed an issue where the session window could not be made wider when placed at the top or bottom of the screen.
• Addressed scenarios where the mouse cursor would disappear while connected to a remote PC.
• Deletion of an Azure Virtual Desktop workspace now correctly removes all associated workspaces.
• Fixed an issue where adding a folder to redirect to a bookmark would enable the "Add" button with an empty PC name.
• Addressed an issue where double-clicking the title bar incorrectly stretched the session window.
• Updated the mouse to change to a hand glyph when hovering over a red input error indicator.
• Fixed an issue where the session window would flash rapidly in the "Mission Control" or "Application windows" view.
In addition, we have continued to make updates to improve connectivity and performance metrics when connecting to Azure Virtual Desktop.
Note that by default subscribed workspaces are refreshed every six hours. This interval can be changed using the ClientSettings.WorkspaceAutoRefreshInterval user default (minimum is 30 minutes and maximum is 24 hours).
Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and worked with us to diagnose and fix issues. If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Help > Report an Issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Very Useful App
Microsoft Remote Desktop is a very powerful and useful app in daily routine tasks. Its helps you to connect to your Windows PCs or Servers and you can fee great power and ease of use. You are out of Mac World while using this app and have the feeling of your favourite OS. Great App and excellent features.
Better than windows RDP
Very good, stable app I found better user expereince than RDP on windows.
I don't know how a simple thing like scrolling is so messed up in this app. You have to scroll very fast just to nudge the screen.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 40 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.