The PTA Network and Infrastructure (NI) Access application is intended for only Contractor Representatives and Employees of Public Transport Authority (PTA) of Perth.
This app improves safety and work order management for users by making it easier to communicate with Perth Transport Authority.
Through the app, users:
- may reduce travel time by logging on and off the job. Users may travel directly to site when ready to start a work order activity assigned to them and report that they have started their work order activity through the app, rather than travel to PTA offices to report for the job and then travel to the work site. Similarly, when finished with a work order activity, app users may report they have finished their activity via the app from site, rather than travel from the work site to the PTA office and report that they have finished their work order activity in person.
- may work more autonomously. The app includes a number of built-in features that provides the user with the ability to manage their own account. For example, the ‘Having Trouble?’ link provides users with the ability to reset their own passwords instead of having to contact a PTA system administrator for password assistance. Similarly users can update their estimated time to complete (ETC) a work order via the app rather than have to contact a PTA officer directly and request an extension.
- may call for immediate assistance using the click-to-call and click-to-email feature. The Assist screen provides a list of contacts considered relevant to work order activity or important in the case of an emergency. The click-to-call feature opens a call prompt which calls the indicated contact once the action is confirmed by the user selecting the “ok” button. Similarly, click-to-email feature opens an email with the To field populated with the indicated contact’s email, and the cursor is situated in the body of the email ready for the user to input text. These features save time by eliminating the manual process of entering a contact number or drafting an email and entering an email address, and ensure the correct phone number and / or emails addresses are used.
- are required to call PTA staff at critical safety points in the process of performing work order activities. For instance, the app requires users to click-to-call the PTA contact person responsible for the area’s isolations when starting and finishing a work orders that requires isolations. Isolations are necessary for safe handling of machinery and equipment.
- may log an issue with the issues capture feature. Issues include potential safety hazards or items that need to be fixed that they come across while on site. This features allows the user to report details about the issue, provide supporting comments, upload a photo (from the library or from the camera) and submit. Through submission, a PTA officer(s) is notified of the issue via email and through the system. To facilitate the communication of the issue’s location, the app captures the GPS location of the mobile phone at the time of reporting the issue. The user may modify the location reported via the ‘Set Location’ feature if they have since moved from the location where the issue was originally identified.
- may be located quickly in the case of an emergency with the ‘lone worker’ feature. This is particularly important when working alone (as a ‘Lone Worker’) in isolated and potentially hazardous areas, such as below ground. When activated, the feature uses GPS, motion and accelerometer readings from an individual’s mobile device. The feature also monitors the time taken to complete a work order activity and compares this to the estimated time to complete the work order activity. If not finished within the expected time, an "Are you OK?" prompt is automatically display in the app for the user to respond. If not OK, the user can initiate a call to the relevant PTA officer or can dial 000 in an emergency.
Updated plugins and changes to Yes/No toggles
- IT VISION AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
- 12.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2017 IT Vision Australia LTD PTY
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.