AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Added a French translation, thanks to the hard work of Jules and Pierre.
- Fixed the card preview screen not updating properly.
- Fixed toolbar spacing when using split screen.
- Fixed cloze button not appearing when switching note types.
- Improved performance when editing large templates.
- Fixed cursor in editor jumping when using floating keyboard.
- Fixed options screen not supporting 0 relearning steps.
- Added option to ignore fingers in the drawing screen.
- Added some more keyboard shortcuts to the review screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Better than Supermemo
Anki uses old and worse SuperMemo algorithm but... has much much more convenient application! I've used SuperMemo for 20 years. Recently for a year I used Memrize. Yes - Anki portable version is the best. Especially for persons who create customized curses. And very important thing: import and export your data! You will never lose your cards
Great client but terrible interface
I’m a long term Anki user and this app’s been very useful to me. Unfortunately the recent changes to the interface has made it much much worse. The interface is ugly, eye burning white, with unremovable white panels that make it difficult to study at night. This is despite one of those panels remaining completely blank for most of the time. There used to be an option to make those panels dark or nice unobtrusive blue. A separate page with card options during review has been turned into a small box that has to be scrolled through to reach various buttons. The choice buttons have also been made smaller and in gloomy colours which don’t at all match the new white interface. Not to mention lots of decks make the card background dark yellow to be easier on the eyes so it is now a combination of that with the bright white panels and blue fonts. Ugly, non-functional, incompetently designed and annoying interface. Aside from those problems the core functionality, which is reviewing flashcards, remains working as expected except from doing so in the dark where the white panels seem intent on burning through your eyes and overturning your aesthetic sense.
Developer Response ,
It sounds like you haven't discovered the night mode feature, which changes the interface to a dark background.
The next update will bring an option to change the bar colour independently of the card colour. If you would like to try a beta version, please post a message on the support site.
Best SRS app there is
Shout out to the design changes made in the last few months - the somewhat clunky design always annoyed me and the improvement is significant.
- Ankitects Pty Ltd
- 19.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Ankitects Pty Ltd
- 119,99 zł
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.