Whether you need a pair of sharp eyes or have some sight to lend, Be My Eyes is a simple, free tool to help people see the world better, together.
Be My Eyes connects people who are blind or have low vision with a global community of volunteers and company representatives who are ready at a moment’s notice to lend their eyesight for everyday tasks.
FREE. GLOBAL. 24/7.
Be My Eyes is a support community millions strong, available globally day or night, and has volunteers answering calls in more than 185 languages. Join the community today!
Sign up as a user to get free visual support with tasks like reading labels, matching clothes, troubleshooting technology, setting up home appliances, or any other simple task a volunteer can complete over live video. If a task is too complicated or requires expertise, call one of our company partners for on-demand video customer support via Specialized Help.
If you have eyesight you want to share, sign up as a volunteer and answer calls from our blind and visually impaired users! Tasks are usually completed in just a couple minutes, and if you’re busy there’s no need to answer – someone else will get it.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Anyone 17 or older may sign up as a visually impaired user or volunteer.
2. Calls are connected based on daytime timezone and language. Average wait time is about 15 seconds.
3. When a call is answered, a live one-way video (two-way audio) is initiated, allowing volunteers or company reps to see what’s in front of the user’s camera and provide verbal support.
Note: Specialized Help availability varies by region and company opening hours.
MOST POPULAR USES FOR BE MY EYES:
• Reading home appliances
• Reading product labels
• Matching outfits and identifying clothes
• Help in the kitchen
• Reading digital displays or computer screens
• Navigating TV or game menus
• Operating vending machines or kiosks
• Sorting music collections or other libraries
• Picking jewelry or crafts
Visually impaired users can call for on-demand video customer support from professionals at any of our well-known partner companies, without leaving the Be My Eyes App. Providers vary by region and language, but include households names in the following categories:
• Web and Computer Technology
• Consumer Packaged Goods
• Health and Beauty Products
• Banking and Finance
• Blindness Organizations
• We’ve just reached 3 million volunteers! Thank you for making Be My Eyes the biggest community support microvolunteering platform ever.
• 2020 Dubai Expo Global Innovator.
• 2018 Winner of the Dr. Jacob Bolotin Awards at the NFB National Convention.
• 2018 Winner of AbilityNet Accessibility Award at the Tech4Good Awards.
• 2017 Winner of World Summit Awards - Inclusion and Empowerment.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Translated into even more languages
We release updates regularly and we're always looking for ways to make things better. If something is not working, if you have a great idea, or if you just want to say hello, then email us at email@example.com, we would love to hear from you!
Be My Eyes will not prompt you for a review. If you feel generous or have a couple of minutes, please leave a review. It makes a huge difference to us. Thank you in advance.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Language of calling person
Is it possible to show to the volunteer the language of calling person? I have 4 languages set up in my profile and it’s a bit confusing when I don’t know in wich language to start the conversation.
Besides that, amazing app and greate job! Thanks
Seems like a great app
It looks like an amazing app to help others but i haven’t been able to see since when i created my account 3 months ago i still haven’t gotten a single help request. Is this typical?
Absolutely great app and very helpful people. Sometimes help of a real person cannot be replaced by artificial inteligence so here is an app which really helps.
- S/I Be My Eyes
- 96.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Be My Eyes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.