The easy-to-use CONTOUR™DIABETES app is designed for adults of all ages with diabetes.(1) Since 2016, there have been over 1.2 million downloads.(2) Start your download and enjoy your journey.
People using the system say they:(1,3)
• better understood their diabetes
• significantly decreased HbA1c values
• didn't find it to be a hassle that compromised their quality of life
The CONTOUR™DIABETES app syncs with a CONTOUR™ connected meter for seamless blood glucose monitoring. This easy-to-use app can give you a better understanding of how your daily activities affect your blood glucose results to help you manage your diabetes. In addition to using the CONTOUR™DIABETES app, always consult with your Health Care Professional before making any changes to your diet, exercise or treatment regimen.
The CONTOUR™DIABETES app presents your blood glucose results in a simple and easy-to-review way that’s personalized to you. Download the CONTOUR™DIABETES app today and start receiving meaningful information on your progress, with some of the latest features...
• My Patterns – can notify you of trends in your blood glucose readings, by presenting you with potential causes and guidance on how you may improve
• Test Reminder Plans – let you optimize your testing regime to give you results that are more insightful
• Record – allows you to record events such as diet, activities and medication, and also add photos, notes or voice memos to help put your results in context
• View – if you use insulin and/or log your carbs, you can now see your insulin doses, carb intakes and blood glucose results in one simple view
• Share – give your healthcare professional greater insight with the easy-to-read diary report – send this report in advance or take it with you on the day of your appointment
• Apple Health™ - is now integrated with the CONTOUR™DIABETES app
Learn more about the CONTOUR™DIABETES app and CONTOUR™ connected meters at:
Note: Screenshots are for illustration purposes. Availability of blood glucose meter model based on country of purchase. Units of measurement in the app will match that of your synced meter. For more information, please refer to the user guide for your CONTOUR™ connected meter.
© 2021 Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG. All rights reserved.
Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG
Peter Merian-Strasse 90
4052 Basel, Switzerland
Ascensia, the Ascensia Diabetes Care logo and Contour are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG.
1. Fisher W et al. User Experience with a New Smartphone Application for Blood Glucose Monitoring (BGM) in an Information-Motivation-Behavioral Skills (IMB) Model Study. Poster presented at the 12th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments For Diabetes (ATTD); February 20-23, 2019; Berlin, Germany.
2. Data on file. Ascensia Diabetes Care. DCAM-147-5682.
3. Fernandez-Garcia D et al. The ICONE Study: A multicenter evaluation of the impact of CONTOUR™NEXT ONE and CONTOUR™DIABETES app on Self-Management and Adherence in Insulin-Treated Patients with Diabetes. ePoster presented at European Endocrinology Society Congress (ECE), 5-9 September 2020.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
There is No share/send/print possibility ?
It’s could realny usefull.. Especially when you need to show your the results to the doctor..
I’ve stopped using the app as the usability and experience was pretty bad, not to mention the performance and resolution issues which was terrible. There was no Apple Health integration, so I couldn’t even scrape the data and use it elsewhere.
Went back to check if the Apple Health would make it useful, but I cannot connect to the servers and login (thanks for the tip that I might not have the internet - somehow I’ve managed to write this one).
I’d suggest to drop the whole project and integrate with much more user friendly app as e.g. mySugr. Meanwhile I am changing the glucometer to one which can do it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment. Apple Health™ integration is now available. On November 19, 2018 the CONTOUR®DIABETES application was updated (version 2.4) to ensure its seamless integration with the Apple Health application.Please check that you have the latest version. If this doesn’t solve your issue, please contact the Customer Service Team at 0 800 999 090 between 8:00 and 20:00 (Monday - Friday).
Error - syncing with the glucometer
The app was working great since I tried to generate the report. Now the glucometer does not connect with the app. I have to turn off and on the bluetooth in the glucometer to connect the devices again.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear about problems with the application. Please contact the Customer Service Team at 0 800 999 090 between 8:00 and 20:00 (Monday - Friday).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ascensia Diabetes Care US Inc.
- 88.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.