CotEditor is a light-weight, neat, yet powerful text editor designed for editing plain-text files such as web pages (HTML, CSS), program source codes (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.), structured texts (Markdown, Textile, TeX, etc.), or any other kind of plain-text.
Just For Mac
The application is exactly made for macOS. CotEditor looks and behaves just as macOS applications should. It means, you already know how to use it even on the first launch. There are no complex configuration files that require geek knowledge so that you can access all your settings including syntax definitions and themes from a standard preferences window.
Quick, Easy, and Powerful
CotEditor launches so quick that you can write your text immediately when you want to. It's perfect for you to write a draft version of your document or a scratch code. The simply organized user interface doesn't disturb your task. However, at the same time, CotEditor is neither a software only for beginners nor a typical minimal “zen-style” editor. It is fully customizable. There are, of course, syntax highlighting feature for various languages, find and replace with the regular expression, auto-indentation, command-line tool, and lots of other deep functions. You can also easily write your own macro in your favorite languages.
• Syntax highlighting including more than 50 preset languages
• Powerful find and replace with the regular expression
• Auto-backup with/without overwriting actual document files
• Line numbers view
• Live character/word/line count
• Handling file encoding and line endings with care
• Auto-generated outline menu for fast navigation
• Multi-cursor editing
• Character inspector that shows the zoomed glyph and Unicode information
• Vertical text layout mode
• Various Unicode normalizations
• Semi-transparent window
• Command-line tool
• Scriptable with your favorite language
• JCK-languages friendly
- Include the last line break to line count.
- Update “Kotlin”, “JSON”, and “SVG” syntax styles.
- Fix an issue where the horizontal scrollbar didn't appear by unwrapping lines if the document consists of a single very long line.
- Fix an issue where the application could crash after parsing syntax in a large document to highlight.
- Fix an issue where the overscrolling was enabled only after window is resized.
- Fix an issue where the current line was just partly highlighted under specific conditions.
- Fix an issue in the line number view where the line number of the selected line was not bolded under a specific condition.
- Fix an issue where the find panel could not display the result table when the find string is very long.
Oceny i recenzjeWszystkie
#1 lightweight text editor
After years of using many editors, this is my favorite. Lightweight anought to be used as TextEdit replacement, powerfull anought to even ocasionally serve as simple IDE.
+ Convinient command line support.
Nice, but no longer useful
Since I can not use this program to save the file to which I do not have permission, it has become useless.
It's a shame because he was once comfortable.
Odpowiedź dewelopera ,
Because of the Sandbox limitation on the Mac App Store, we couldn't continue providing the future to overwrite a file without the write permission. I'm sorry for that.
This is why i hate Appstore some Apps install some can't and around ...
- Mineko IMANISHI
- 16.6 MB
macOS w wersji 10.13 lub nowszej, procesor 64-bitowy
Angielski, Chiński uproszczony, Francuski, Japoński, Niemiecki, Portugalski, Włoski
- Prawa autorskie
- © 2005-2009 nakamuxu, 2011, 2014 usami-k, 2013-2020 1024jp
Po włączeniu Chmury rodzinnej z aplikacji tej będzie mogło korzystać do sześciu członków rodziny.