**You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and be running the Audio Station 6.5.0 package to get the complete set of features**
DS audio allows you to stream music stored on your DiskStation with an iPhone/iPad wherever an Internet connection is available. Better yet, with the offline mode you can listen to songs stored in the device’s local memory for when no network connection is available. You can browse music by albums, artists, folders or genres, create your own playlists or share them with your friends, and even rate your music! And if you have dedicated stereo speakers at home, DS audio can also become a remote control to stream music to them.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > NAS > DSM 6.0 > Apps > Mobile Apps > Software Specs
1. Fixed the issue where auto-login to DS audio in CarPlay might fail when the iPhone screen is locked.
2. Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Acessing all your songs via straming is an exellent idea for anybody having large libraries and small iPhone storage space (virtually everybody). However rhis implies that DS Player matches at least standard IPhone music player.
1. unplugging your airphones do not stop playing music (all other applications I know do). One of most practical feature of an iPhone.
2. Dynamic playlists (database query) based on selected criteria instead of manual selection would be welcomed. Generaly creating lists is unconvenient since lack of multiply songs selection. Practcally you need to create your playlists with other software and upload it here.
3. Songs volume normalisation (somesongs are too loud some the opposit you need to change volume each time a song changes) is not inluded. Feature provided in iTunes and carried with mp3 files in their tags as far as I remember.
4. Starting screen customisation would also help ;) e.g. Lists instead of genres
5. Does not remember when you have finished listening your audiobook therefore you need to fforward each time you open the app. I am not talking about synchronizing it accross all devices (that would be perfect) but closing/opening the app on the same device.
Does DS Audio support Apple CarPlay?
UX failure in CarPlay
in CarPlay, unfortunately, the application does not show albums - you can only select recently added or playlists, but you cannot simply browse albums stored on Synology. When the music is turned on, the rest on this disc cannot be displayed - you can choose the previous or the next song. It's a nightmare to use :(
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Synology Inc.
- 50.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Synology Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.