GeoKeeper is a community based monitoring app that has been designed to support Indigenous communities when conducting fieldwork for environmental monitoring and guardianship programs. When installed, GeoKeeper enables users to collect data in the field with customizable site survey forms.
- Records tracks of the route that field monitors follow as they conduct fieldwork. Simultaneously record survey forms and your tracks!
- All-In-One Recording Device. Using the device’s built in camera, GPS capabilities, keyboard, and microphone to record multimedia along with mapped locations.
- GeoKeeper is fully accessible Offline. Record data and save data while working offline in the field and upload to GeoKeeper servers when you return to an area with internet service.
- Administrative users can log into the GeoKeeper portal to review and export user data as CSV spreadsheets and KML spatial files.
- GeoKeeper integrates with Kwusen’s Community KnowledgeKeeper, a consultation tracking and data management software.
Customizable surveys include:
- Preliminary Field Reconnaissance (archaeological)
- Water Quality/Quantity
- Winter Water Quality
- Traditional Land Use
- Soil Sampling
- Wildlife Sightings
- Enforcement Incident
- Vehicle Sighting
- Navigational Hazards
Kwusen Research & Media offers ongoing remote support via Skype, email, and by phone.
Privacy & Security:
GeoKeeper app user accounts are password protected and singular. All data from users associated with an administrative group or Indigenous community is available to program directors with administrative log ins. All data collected is stored and backed-up daily on a secure server in Canada. Based on open-source software tools, GeoKeeper takes advantage of a community of thousands of experienced software developers to meet and quickly respond to security needs.
- Geolibrary update
- Bug fixes
- Kwusen Research & Media Ltd.
- 16.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Kwusen Research & Media
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.