Transform your Mac into smart digital paper and a powerful document management system.
Use the same features from GoodNotes' iPad version on your Mac and work with your documents where you want and when you want.
CREATE, IMPORT, AND EDIT DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
* Create digital notebooks and type text with your keyboard or write and draw with the mouse/trackpad or the Apple Pencil using Sidecar on your iPad
* Import PDF and images to annotate them in GoodNotes
* Add documents from your Mac to existing GoodNotes notebooks via drag and drop
PAPERLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
* Instant export of documents or pages as PDF via drag and drop
ALL YOUR NOTES ALWAYS WITH YOU
* Sync your latest changes to your iPad, iPhone, and other Macs using iCloud
* Prepare documents on your Mac and pick them up on another device to continuously work on them
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
- several smaller fixes to design issues
- stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It is great, but it has some bugs and unconfortable settings
In general the application is great. Vertical scrolling is very confortable. The app allows to configurate the type of drawing of the pencil. In combination with apple pencil, the application is very useful. Nevertheless, it has had some, normally sporadic, bugs that have been unsolved for some time now. For example, when deleting some text, the application may become unstable: the deleted text will appear and dissappear arbitrarially. It is also unconfortable the fact that it is not possible to start drawing on a page and to finish on another one. The application does not recognize it. The application does not allow for moving a cut text on a page to another one. One has to copy and delete on one, and then to paste on the second page.
I use this app all the time and it has nearly all the functions I need. My few minor suggestions are that my colour palette is very messy cause I've already saved there so many colours, I would love to have an option to divide this section into categories. Also having more colours that 3 to choose without seeing the whole palette would be great. I use the shapes tool a lot and it would be even better if after splitting a line with a rubber into 2 separate lines the app would recognise them as separate strokes. It's quite annoying that after the splitting if I want to move only one part the select tool selects them both.
Very frustrating for longer notes
At the beginning I was very pleased with the app. It’s very intuitive, simple and I really enjoy making nice and neat notes. However, as I began making more sophisticated notes (with more graphics, text and extra attachments) and adding more files to folders, the app started lagging so much that it’s become very frustrating to use it. I have a notebook that I created at the beginning of the academic year, it has around 50 pages and sometimes (if I close the notebook and want to open it again), the pages take a solid minute to load. Sometimes after a page loads, some of the graphics are still very blurry and I have to wait for them to become sharp or keep on clicking on them.
I have a 10.5” iPad a Pro with 256 GB memory so I don’t know what’s the problem. I switched to OneNote cause it’s much faster, the notes are not lagging or taking ages to load. I wish I could keep on using GoodNotes, cause it’s much better for pdfs and highlighting stuff from text files.
Another issue I have is that even when I’m making relatively short notes (around 10-15 pages), if I want to make a pdf, their size is always huge. Whatever format I choose, I rarely can send them via messenger, I usually have to upload them to google drive.
Overall 2/5, great potential and I still use it from time to time but the lagging is very very annoying.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 229.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Time Base Technology Limited
- 37,99 zł
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.