Now anyone can create stunning textbooks, cookbooks, history books, picture books, and more for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Start with one of the Apple-designed templates that feature a wide variety of page layouts. Add your own text and images with drag-and-drop ease. Use Multi-Touch widgets to include interactive photo galleries, movies, Keynote presentations, 3D objects, and more. Preview your book on your iOS device or Mac at any time. Then submit your finished work to Apple Books in a few simple steps. And before you know it, you’re a published author.
• Give your book a great beginning with templates that include a choice of page designs with matching fonts, colors, and textures
• Quickly customize your book with text and images, create new layouts, and even save a custom template
• Easily add a cover, video introduction, table of contents, copyright page, dedication, and foreword
Beautiful text and layouts
• Use a variety of text styles including custom fonts to give your book a rich yet consistent look
• Add text, shapes, charts, tables, and media anywhere on the page
• Import a chapter written in Pages or Microsoft Word and apply a great-looking layout from your current template
• Add sophisticated mathematical expressions with native equation editing using both LaTeX and MathML notation
• Add any word to the glossary with a single click and easily include photos, images, charts, tables, and shapes next to any definition
• Automatically create a portrait view of your landscape book, which allows readers to focus on the text
• Choose from a variety of widgets that add Multi-Touch interactivity to your book
• Add a photo gallery, chapter review, movie, audio file, Keynote presentation, scrolling sidebar, dynamic pop-over, interactive image with callouts, 3D object, or custom HTML anywhere in your book
• Many widgets include placeholders for titles and captions and are automatically numbered so you can reference them in your main text
• Add accessibility descriptions to any widget so that it can be used by sight-impaired readers easily with VoiceOver
Export for Apple Books or iTunes U
• Preview your book in Apple Books on iPhone, iPad and on Mac to see how it looks and works
• Submit your book to Apple Books for sale or free download in a few simple steps
• Export your book to share on iTunes U or to give to others
• Export your book as a PDF file
• macOS 10.11 or later
• 2GB of RAM
• 1.2GB of available disk space
• Keynote 6.0 or later (required for importing presentations created in Keynote 6.0+)
• Pages 5.0 or later (required for importing documents created in Pages 5.0+)
• iBooks for iOS 4.3 or later (required for previewing on an iOS device)
• iBooks for Mac 1.3 or later (required for previewing on Mac)
• iTunes Producer 2.9 or later (required for book publishing)
• Network Connection (required for book publishing)
This update includes stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Help on crashing
Hi, I’ve installed it, I’m loving it because of it’s simplicity, beautiful interface and everything. But I am hating it because it crashes every 5 to 10 minutes or so. I don’t know why. Information shown after crash is not readable for normal human beeing. Why this is not working as it should? I mean Pages are working without any problems, Numbers too? Why iBook Author isn’t? Why is this crash always happening? Has anyone the same problem with it?
By the way - my configuration is Mac Book Air, 13’’, 4 GB RAM, i5.
W niebo wziety
Po 15minutach uzywania tego programu stwierdzam ze jest on swietny. Porownujac go do wytworu Microsoftu czyli do Office nawet wersji 2011 Jest miliard razy lepszy iBooks Author, ja wiem ze iba to nie word ani power point ale poprostu jest swietny, zapisuje programy w pdfie wygladaja jak ksiazki bo takie tez jest przeznaczenie tego programu, ale pisanie w nim projektow do liceum czy studia jest banalnie proste. Polecam wszystkim ktorzy chca napisac cos i to szybko. Ksiazek nie zamierzam pisac ale wszelkie projekty i tym podobne mozna swietnie w tym programie utworzyc. Nie trzeba dodawac ramki kombinowac jak to w przypadku worda czy openOffica tylko automatycznie program sie domysla "aha wstawia zdjecie wiec bedzie chcial napisac u gory tytul oraz na dole źródło no to mu to ułatwimy" w innych programach mi tego brakuje.
Wiem wiem porownywanie dwoch roznych programow ale czy zastosowania nie maja podobnego ? Warto pobrac nie bedziecie zalowac na milion procent ;)
Great tool for creating ebooks
It's really great, simple, intuitive and powerfull. If you have some imagination, you can do almost everything with it!
- Apple Distribution International
- 414.3 MB
OS X 10.11 or later
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.