Imaging Edge Mobile allows images/videos to be transferred to a smartphone/tablet, enables remote shooting, and provides location information to images captured by a camera.
■ Transfer images from a camera to a smartphone
- You can transfer images/videos.
- The selection and transfer of images after shooting are no longer needed as the automatic background transfer function allows images to be transferred to a smartphone as they are captured. *1
- High bit rate video files including 4K can be transferred. *2
- You can view and transfer images in your camera from your smartphone even when the camera is turned off. *2
- After transferring, you can immediately share your high quality images on social networks or through email.
*1 See here for supported cameras. Files are imported in 2MP size when using this function.
*2 See here for supported cameras. Availability of video transfer and playback varies depending on smartphone in use.
■ Remote shooting of a camera using a smartphone
- You can capture photos/videos remotely while checking the live view of a camera on a smartphone. *3
This is convenient for capturing night views or water flowing scenes which need long-exposure, or macro shooting in which you need to avoid to directly touch the camera.
*3 Models that support PlayMemories Camera Apps can use this feature by installing "Smart Remote Control" (in-camera app) on your camera in advance.
■ Record location information
- With cameras that have a location information linkage function, the location information acquired by the smartphone can be added to the captured image in your camera.
For supported models and detailed operation methods, see the support page below.
- Even with cameras that do not have a location information linkage function, it is possible to add location information acquired by your smartphone to the photos saved on your smartphone during remote shooting.
■Save and Apply Settings
- You can save up to 20 camera settings in Imaging Edge Mobile.
You can also apply a saved setting to a camera. *4
*4 See here for supported cameras. Save and Apply Settings are supported only for cameras with the same model name.
- Supported operating systems: iOS13.7-15.0
- This app is not guaranteed to work with all smartphones/tablets.
- Features/Functions available for this app vary depending on the camera you are using.
- For supported models and information on features/functions, see the support page below.
- compatible with iOS15.
- compatible with ILCE-7M4.
- Once the app is paired with the camera, you can transfer images and take remote shots by simply using the app from the next start-up. (For ILCE-7M4 only)
Ratings and Reviews
Connection interrupted again and again
Connection with camera very unstable. You have to reconnect every few minutes
Best Live Remote App Ever
I just bought the action cam FDR-X3000R, spent my last couple days trying & understanding all the settings.. done tones of footages already.. And I have to say, it has been a blast so far. The daylight quality in 1080p 60fps VividMode WideAngle is simply EPIC as is the recording sound.
The apps is just perfect.. Live Remote OMG! I use an iphone 6s for it, have access to all the settings I have on my cam.
LOVE IT =)
Shame on You Sony!
This app is so frustrating! Always disconnected from your camera. Every day you have to start connection process all over again because it can’t use previous connection, although it shows your camera as a connected device. Connection is so unstable. Stupid prompt “you are starting control your camera “ - yes this is what I exactly want, why to show me this all over again. Also lack of timer in bulb mode. Using this app in commercial photo shoot make you look unprofessional.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sony Home Entertainment & Sound Products Inc.
- 53.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.7 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 - 2021 Sony Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.