Turn videos into movie magic
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Instantly create Magic Movies
• With just a few taps, you can create and share a beautiful, custom video
• Select an album or group of videos or images and iMovie will create a video for you — no video editing required — with titles, transitions and music
• Easily rearrange or delete clips in the simplified shot list
• Apply a different style to change the look and feel of the whole video
Learn storytelling with Storyboards
• Choose from 20 Storyboards that help you get started with popular video types
• Record video or take photos into each placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
• Add, reorder and delete clips as needed to organise and customise your story
• Apply a dynamic visual style that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select videos and photos for your trailer or record video directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, colour, size, location and more
• Add solid, gradient and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 or later
• Add, adjust and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture-in-picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Select from more than 130 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Transfer projects between your iPhone and iPad using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send projects to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full screen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export videos optimised for Instagram, YouTube and other popular video destinations
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
• Apply four new dynamic styles that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music to Magic Movie or Storyboard movies
• Fixes an issue where media from a Photos album would be placed in non-chronological order in a Magic Movie project
• Fixes an issue in which Magic Movie and Storyboard movies in the viewer would not appear on external displays during playback
• Includes stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Hello! It’s more feedback than review but here we go. I really want to see upgrades to green screen. There is nothing much needed to add. Just make the greenscreen resizeable and moveable. It really would make editing easier. I have used imovie since 2014 or something like that, and i have always loved it but i really hope it gets better. One last thing that is kinda Must-do, is that you could add a normal text, any color and add it anywhere on the screen, and mabye even make the text moveable. I would also love a shake effect and theese kind of stuff. Anyways the app is great but it needs a bit upgrades. You can even make some upgrades purchesable cause i really want upgrades and im so used to imovie and dont want to change to another software, since i have used it for 5+years. Thanks for reading and hopefully imovie team will see it!
01April2018 (one star only :/ )
Why I can’t open my own
movies from theatre ??
IOS 11.3 (just upgraded)
14April2018 (five stars now :) )
After last upgrade,
everything is OK.
11May2018 (one star only :/ again)
The previous problem,
(described above on 01April)
is occurred again :(
31May2018 There is a significant
improvement (after iOS 11.4
upgrade), but still is needed
some ”small cosmetic” on
Four stars for now :)
Thank you (by the way)
Great but have some problems to fix
I really love this app because of its functionality, however a lot is missing, as for example turning the video.
But the main problem that I face lot and as far as I use it only worsens are the bugs. I think even one year ago the app was much better than now is. Because a project can just disappear from the app, all soundtracks can just move and the most frequent is when the lengths of the cuttings lengthen!
And that makes you start again! Too many bugs lately. That really enrage.
Please do something with it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 594.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.