iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad — build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments, start class discussions, or talk to students to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free education content in public courses from leading schools, universities, museums and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments and stay connected — direct from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials — including worksheets, links, photos and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind them of due assignments
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parents’ evenings
• Answer questions and provide video feedback or start class debates using group discussions
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import registers to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalogue for anyone to view for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place, and tick off assignments you complete
• Submit your work in private courses from other apps, or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or get feedback in 1:1 messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a rich catalogue of free education content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books and more on a range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, US National Theatre and more.
• Share your favourite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
iTunes U stores information about your activity in the app, such as materials you upload. To improve the app, iTunes U collects non-personally identifiable information related to app usage and browsing history of public content. Data is retained until an action is taken to remove it by any of the means provided.
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Built-in PDF or photo annotation requires iPad (4th generation or later) or iPad mini 2 or later
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
This update includes minor stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
There’s missing pip mode so I can note and watch videos on iPad...
Download doesnt work
One man only play the video online. Thats a pity...
I've never seen such a buggy iOS app, especially by Apple. If you have a course with, say 300 episodes you need to scroll down the huge list each time you enter it. It can't correctly handle headphones start/stop. You can even turn on the iPod while listening to a course, whe you want to stop the latter!
- Apple Distribution International
- 58.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Apple, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.