Here's what's new with this update:
Improved running functionality!
- Easily view splits and access auto-pause and audio feedback settings during your run.
- Customisable display for metrics that matter most (tap on each to change).
- Lap button for Speed Runs. Mark an interval without pausing the run with a standard Lap button.
- Better integration with Apple Music and Spotify. Seamlessly control music from your existing apps and discover new Nike playlists. Spotify Free accounts are now compatible.
- Lap button for Speed Runs. Double tap the screen or use the new Lap button to mark an interval during a Speed Run.
For the best results on Apple Watch, we recommend using watchOS 5.0 or above.
Ratings and Reviews
Super app except doesnt Sync with Apple Watch
It could have been best app for runners but ... it is poorly setup with Apple Watch. Im using it for two years, initially it does sync with occasionally breaks when worked on the Watch and not on iphone or worked on both devices independently. After several soft updates and change of iphone it stoped syncing completely despite I did all the settings as before. Intresting enough that the Apple Health app and Training app work correctly whereas the Nike app doesnt on the Watch and works Only on the iphone.
Im Marathon runner with 9 marathons over six years of running three times a week all year round, therefore my dissapointment is huge with this disfunction of this great app indeed.
I wish the great company team mates from Nike will finally get in touch with another great company Apple people and work it out the way it should be and the heritage and reputation of these companies deserve.
Good luck guys !
I keep running hoping for improvment before others does it better and faster :-)
For me, the best.
I am running with Nike from about 4 years. I’ve tried other apps (every app from top), but always returning to Nike. So I think I can’t complain ;)
PS I found 2 problems in app. First when I click on something in “feed”, news or article it shows connection error and I cannot read anything. Second, sometimes when I run with coach, run is not adding to coach runs. It’s in history but I need to add this to my plan manually.
NRC is nice looking program with “free” training plans but in real life this program is really disappointing especially with Apple Watch, Why? If you want avoid frustration during the workout I will share my experience.
1. When you running with your phone and watch you never know when you lost sync between iPhone and AWatch. You put pause on watch and what happened on phone ? Nothing workout continuous run and in the end you have two workouts from watch and second from phone….
2. Some how you finished your workout without crash (application crashed a lot! equal you lost your workout data) and you want browse beautiful charts and summary of your run and what you noticed?? you don’t have charts (pace, hr, elevation). You need to exit workout and enter again couple times and maybe once you will see your charts….
3. option Powersong ? I tried many times add powersong but simple I cannot, I clicked on download song from amusic subscription and what happened?? Nothing!
4. If we speak about music… it also you don’t know if will be working or not, many times music simple not starting…. and music player from Apple Watch is dimmed
I usually running with friend who used also NRC and he had identical experience what I have. I thought such a big company have better developers.
- Nike, Inc
- 229.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2018 Nike, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.