OsmAnd is an offline world map application based on OpenStreetMap (OSM), which allows you to navigate taking into account the preferred roads and vehicle dimensions. Plan routes based on inclines and record GPX tracks without an internet connection.
OsmAnd is an open source app. We do not collect user data and you decide what data the app will have access to.
• Choice of places to be displayed on the map: attractions, food, health and more;
• Search for places by address, name, coordinates, or category;
• Map styles for the convenience of different activities: touring view, nautical map, winter and ski, topographic, desert, off-road, and others;
• Shading relief and plug-in contour lines;
• Ability to overlay different sources of maps on top of each other;
• Plotting a route to a place without an Internet connection;
• Customizable navigation profiles for different vehicles: cars, motorcycles, bicycles, 4x4, pedestrians, boats, public transport, and more;
• Change the constructed route, taking into account the exclusion of certain roads or road surfaces;
• Customizable information widgets about the route: distance, speed, remaining travel time, distance to turn, and more;
Route Planning and Recording
• Plotting a route point by point using one or multiple navigation profiles;
• Route recording using GPX tracks;
• Manage GPX tracks: displaying your own or imported GPX tracks on the map, navigating through them;
• Visual data about the route - descents/ascents, distances;
• Ability to share GPX track in OpenStreetMap;
Creation of points with different functionality
• Making edits to OSM;
• Updating maps with a frequency of up to one hour;
• Compass and radius ruler;
• Mapillary interface;
• Night theme;
• Large community of users around the world, documentation, and support;
OsmAnd Maps+ (in-app or subscription):
• Unlimited map downloads;
• Topo data (Contour lines and Terrain);
• Nautical depths;
• Offline Wikipedia;
• Apple CarPlay support;
OsmAnd Pro (subscription):
• All Maps+ features;
• Weather forecast on the map online/offline;
• OsmAnd Cloud (backup and restore);
• Customize Route line;
• Hourly map updates.
• Completely redesigned widget experience: added ability to change widget position, added grouping by pages, one list of widgets for left and right panel
• Redesigned configure screen
• Free backup of favourites, settings and OSM edits to OsmAnd Cloud
• Added "CAI" scale for "Difficulty classification of the routes"
• Added 3D Relief
• Added OAuth authorization for OpenStreetMap Editing plugin
• Added separate button to switch between 2D or 3D Mode
• Changed direction of tilt gesture
• Fixed issue with favorites export, that could lead to data loss
Ratings and Reviews
Best maps application for privacy, however the UI could use some work
The idea of computing all the routes on my device locally is absolutely wonderful. The app has great functions overall, however it has a steep learning curve. I could see many people used to Google/Apple Maps struggle to make the switch because of convenience, even if OSM offers superior functionality and more precise information.
Big thanks for adding sunrise and sunset info
I have been using it for at least eight years now. Thank you very much for adding information about the sunrises and sunsets, I missed it very much. Keep it up!!!
Developer Response ,
Hello, Igor! Thank you for the feedback.
Maps downloading problem
There is some issue downloading the maps. The Maps Download screen gets stuck on spinning wheel. After about 15min it allows me to select the map to download, but again it only spins the wheel and nothing happens. Reinstalling the app didn’t help.
Beside that, it’s a great app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OsmAND B.V.
- 334.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Aragonese, Armenian, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Central Atlas Tamazight, Central Kurdish, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingua, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Najdi Arabic, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Santali, Sardinian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OsmAnd B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- OsmAnd: All inclusive Annual 47,99 zł
- Wikipedia 0,00 zł
- OsmAnd Pro monthly 13,99 zł
- Contour lines 49,99 zł
- Europe 79,99 zł
- OsmAnd: All Inclusive Monthly 8,99 zł
- All World Maps 99,99 zł
- OsmAnd Maps+ annual 47,99 zł
- OsmAnd Maps+ 129,99 zł
- OsmAnd Pro annual 144,99 zł
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.