Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Call landline and device numbers and send SMS messages anywhere in the world at affordable prices using Skype. Reach non-Skype users or contacts who are not online by choosing Skype Credit or Skype subscriptions.
Choose Skype Credit as a pay-as-you-go option to call and SMS. If you call specific destinations, save even more with monthly subscriptions. Skype subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited, or fixed-minute calls to landlines (and mobiles where applicable). Subscriptions begin at $2.99 a month for US, and can vary by destination. To make an in-app purchase, open the app, go to the Call tab and tap on the Skype to Phone banner. Skype Credit and Subscriptions purchased from the Skype app will be charged to your iTunes account when the purchase has been confirmed.
Your account will be charged for Skype subscription renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription is renewed automatically unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period of subscription.
You can manage your subscription by going to your Apple ID account settings and choosing the auto-renewal option or turning it off at any time after your purchase.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Customised message reactions
- Raise your hand during a group call
- Smart share suggestions
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Insufficient synchronization of personal contacts.
It takes considerable amount of time for the app to show names not just numbers called.
The interface should better distinguish between phone number contacts and Skype contacts
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed feedback about this issue. We are always gathering information about calling in the app, and are actively working on a resolving issues like the ones you described. Stay tuned, and don't forget to check what's new on Skype - changes we made based on user feedback: https://support.skype.com/faq/FA34770 - Anna P
Terrible. Use it only when must
Since I got this app I started to dislike Skype so bad. It doesn’t work smooth. If you want to enter a number you can’t do it in an easy way. You need to scroll over many other things that aren’t useful at all. I don’t understand why Microsoft started to use ENORMOUS space between every single thing. I need to waste my time to search for what I want and when I find it, there is no way I will call, because the buttons are super tiny and hidden. This Skype app is so spoiled. Also, even if you tell your phone that you don’t agree for background refresh, Skype will disregard this and push the notification anyhow. I have to use it, because Skype on my computer is EVEN WORSE and I had to uninstall it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 175.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit 23,99 zł
- Skype Credit 47,99 zł
- Poland 17,99 zł
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.