The LM Wind Power app utilizes Augmented Reality in order to visualize a 3D presentation of offshore wind turbines, using parts and technology supplied by LM Wind Power. The interface is customized to visualize an accurate representation of the rotational speed and resulting power efficiency at different wind speeds.
Technology plays a central role behind the design of each wind turbine blade type and takes into count several factors such as materials, aerodynamics, blade profile and structure. These factors define the performance and reliability of the blade and require an extremely high degree of precision.
Each blade design is created with the help of advanced software that LM Wind Power has developed specifically for designing blades and crunching critical numbers. Engineers at our R&D centers work on the software to generate accurate blade designs after a series of complex calculations, which determine the shape, length, weight and even composition of the blade.
Just point the camera at the printed marker, and experience the environment come to life.
- visualization of the rotational speed (rpm) and power efficiency of a wind turbine with 73.5m or 79.5m long wings at wind speeds from 0-25 m/sec
- visualization of when the wind turbine reaches its maximum power efficiency compared to its rotational speed
- visualization of the wind speed and what it means in relation to the rpm and power efficiency
- take a picture and save or share it by mail
- see the offshore turbines next to the Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty to get an idea of the actual proportions
A PDF file containing the marker graphics can be downloaded from http://crossmind.dk/lmapp
- UI and graphics updates
- See the offshore turbines next to the Statue of Liberty to get an idea of the actual proportions
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.