The BBC News brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
You can also switch the My News by Topic screen to a more traditional carousel view from the Settings screen.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
Apple Watch Support:
Story summaries, glanceable headlines and breaking news alerts delivered straight to your wrist
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. The app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Urban Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
We update the app regularly to enhance your experience. This release includes some improvements to underlying services within the app, as well as small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I use it every single day. It's my only source of news even though I'm not British. It does have some hiccups here and there and requires a restart to force a reload of the articles but apart from that, the news content is by far the most professional I could find globally. Also the video content is a nice touch.
Poor quality news
I opted to receive notifications. For several weeks I received notifications with different kind of "news" almost all of them were irelevant. News with gays and "he said this" and "he responded that". The thing is that I chose some categories and even so I received gay news and what Kim Jon is saying. Uninstalled and I will never install again.
It only needs notifications!
Everything else works!
Please add notification!
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 78.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 BBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.