The award winning PC spaceship simulation game from Subset Games comes to iPad! Includes the free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, which adds new ships, enemies, events, weapons, and more!
PC version’s awards include:
- IGN - Game Of the Year Nominee 2012
- PC Gamer - 2012 Best Short-Form Game
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Excellence in Design
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Audience Award
- Game Developers Choice Awards 2013 - Best Debut: Subset Games
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
- Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of seven diverse alien races.
- Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
Website - www.FTLgame.com
Twitter - @FTLgame
NOTE: Only compatible with iPad 2 or newer -- Will NOT run on iPad 1!
-Prep for future iOS versions (64-bit support)
-More sound problems resolved
-Misc. minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
wish I could give it 10 stars
One of the best games on iPad!!! I have played it over and over and over again and never gets boring. An amazing, honest game without any in-app extra costs, piles of gems, coins, crystals, etc... Well worth the $$
PS: Great music!
2 times I lost progress and I can’t understand why.. I unlocked the engi ship and lost it after an iOS update. Then went on to play again while I was on a Holliday. unlocked 4 or 5 ships to realize after I came back home that my progress was lost again and I’ve lost all the ships and achievements. I don’t know what triggers this reset but it’s annoying as hell..
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.