Google Family Link is a parental controls app that helps you keep your family safer online. We know that every family's relationship with technology is unique, so we've designed tools like Family Link that give you the flexibility to choose the right balance for your family and help them create healthy digital habits. Family Link's easy-to-use tools allow you to understand how your child is spending time on their device, see their device location, manage privacy settings and more.
With Family Link, you can:
Establish digital ground rules
• Set screen-time limits – Family Link lets you set downtime for your child's device and time limits for apps, so that you can help them find a healthy balance.
• Guide them to age-appropriate content – approve or block apps that your child wants to download. Family Link also allows you to choose the right YouTube experience for your child: a supervised experience on YouTube or YouTube Kids.
Manage and secure your child's account
• Protect their privacy – permissions management in Family Link allows you to make meaningful choices about your child's data. View and manage permissions for websites and extensions accessed through Chrome, as well as apps downloaded on your child's device.
• Secure their account – Family Link gives you access to manage your child's account and data settings. As a parent, you can help change or reset your child's password if they forget it, edit their personal information or even delete their account if you feel that it's necessary.
Stay connected on the go
• See where they are – it's helpful to be able to find your family when they're on the go. With Family Link, you can locate your children on one map, as long as they're carrying their device.
• Get notifications and alerts – Family Link delivers critical notifications, including when your child arrives at or leaves a certain location. You can also ring devices and view the device's remaining battery life.
• Family Link's tools vary depending on your child's device. See a list of compatible devices at https://families.google/familylink/device-compatibility/
• While Family Link helps you manage your child's purchases and downloads from Google Play, they won't need approval to install app updates (including updates that expand permissions), apps that you have previously approved or apps that have been shared in Family Library. In addition, purchase approvals will only apply when your child makes a purchase through Google Play's billing system, and will not apply to purchases made through alternative billing systems. Parents should regularly review their child's installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• You should carefully review the apps on your child's supervised device, and disable those that you don't want them to use. Note that you may not be able to disable some pre-installed apps such as Play, Google, etc.
• To see the location of your child or teen's device, the device must be turned on, recently active and connected to the Internet through data or Wi-Fi.
• Family Link parental controls are only available for supervised Google Accounts. With supervised Google Accounts, children get access to Google products like Search, Chrome and Gmail, and parents can set up basic digital ground rules to supervise them.
• While Family Link provides tools to manage your child's online experience and keep them safer online, it does not make the Internet safe. Family Link cannot determine the content on the Internet, but it can give parents the opportunity to make decisions about how their child spends time on their device and determine what path to online safety looks best for your family.
Several stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
After the last update, the location fails big time. In fact it does not work, tried update location several times but shows the same location from 1 hour ago.
Installed after trying several others this one fits perfectly to our family.
The app and concept are abysmal.
Limited functionality on how to limit, no extensions of limits possible without completely changing settings, no in app permissions or notifications for extra time.
Even worst, if you have the kids signed into an “unsupported” google tv box they will be signed out of that after enrolling a tablet for example.
Horrible! Why the need to reinvent the wheel? Just look again at what Apple did.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 184.6 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kyrgyz, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Google, Inc.