One of the world's most popular nature apps, iNaturalist helps you identify the plants and animals around you. Get connected with a community of over 400,000 scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! What's more, by recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature. iNaturalist is a joint initiative by the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society
• Discover species new to you both near and far
• Record your own observations and share them with the community
• Receive suggestions and crowdsourced identifications of what you've seen
• Discuss and help others identify what they've seen
• Follow projects comprised of smaller communities and fellow citizen scientists passionate about a particular place and/or species
Fix for a bug where you can't add comments or identifications to observations.
Ratings and Reviews
Best tool for biodiversity statistics and engagement of local people al over the world to start carrying for Life around them through the “Observation Game”
Useful for identifying species and learning about nature in general, iNaturalist is supported by a great community.
This is an amazing app, it got me fascinated and to keep looking for amazing plants and insects!
- iNaturalist, LLC
- 37.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2014 iNaturalist, California Academy of Sciences
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.