LabTimer has been updated to work on the latest iOS! Thank you for all the e-mails and I hope LabTimer continues to be useful for you!
LabTimer is a count-up and alarming count-down multi-timer.
LabTimerPhD is now available. It has all the same functionality as LabTimer. If you like LabTimer, please consider picking up LabTimerPhD! I'll use the suggestions on LabTimerPhD for future changes. All updates will be applied to both applications.
The look and feel of LabTimer is designed to emulate that of standard lab timers, providing quick access to count-down timers and repeat runs. LabTimer is not just good for the lab, though - it is also convenient for cooking, medication timing, working out, and child timeouts.
LabTimer has the following features:
- Four timers, individually configurable as count-up or alarming count-down
- Large display and buttons
- Display in Hours : Minutes : Seconds (limit above 1000 hours)
- Customizable text labels for each timer
- Small icons describing the state of all timers
- Disables iPod sleep, keeping your timer running and visible
- Designed to satisfy the lab needs of my molecular biologist wife
Count-down timers each:
- Display the projected finish time
- Alarm for one minute
- After the alarm, display the time elapsed since finish in red
- Repeat the last count-down by:
-- pressing clear while the timer is paused
-- pressing start/stop twice after the timer has finished
The iPhone currently prevents background processes, so LabTimer cannot alarm if the application is not running. However, the screen can be locked while the timers are running. The alarm also plays over and does not interrupt any playing music. While this will finally let you keep your noise-isolating headphones on during long incubations, please remember to experiment responsibly.
There are many timers and stopwatches on the App Store, but they did not fulfill my (or my wife's) needs. We're now using LabTimer, and we hope you will too.
LabTimer is free and will remain free. I've created LabTimerPhD, a pay app with identical features, if you'd like to contribute to future development. I haven't seen anyone else doing this and it seems like an interesting way of handling donations. :)
Please let me know what you think and how LabTimer can be improved, either via a review or the e-mail address on the website.
Thanks for looking!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Update to iOS 10 (works on 11 and wider device support) - thanks for using LabTimer!
Ratings and Reviews
A really cool tool, no ads. Very Friendly interface. Using it at work when measure time of manufacturing.
I use it everyday
Simple and absolutely great. Has fully substituted my lab timer)
The developer, 0x0c, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jeremy Murray
- 1.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2008 Jeremy Murray
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.