Highland 2 is a better way to write.
We’ve taken the tools we built for writing screenplays and made them work for almost every kind of document you write. From novels to blog posts and school reports, Highland’s clean design and innovative tools help you focus on words, not formatting.
With Highland 2.5, we’ve refined every bit of the app while adding incredible new features like Revision Mode and custom themes.
“Highland is just a cleaner, purer way to be creative.” — Phil Lord, Writer/Director of The Lego Movie, 21 & 22 Jump Street
“You won’t find a better app for getting your writing done than Highland 2.” — Jeffery Battersby, iMore
. . . . . . . . F O C U S . . . . . . . .
More Power. Less Distraction.
Highland handles formatting automatically, so you can spend your time finding the perfect word, not the right menu command.
You’ll love working in an editor designed for writing, not mimicking a printed page.
When you want to see the layout, quickly toggle between your text and a preview of the finished document.
With one click, Highland turns your words into a perfectly-formatted document ready to print or export.
. . . . . . . . F E A T U R E S . . . . . . . .
Created by screenwriter and novelist John August, Highland 2 is built by writers, for writers.
- The Navigator. Get an overview of what you’ve written -- and what’s left to write.
- Templates. Switch between Highland’s 10 PDF templates including Screenplay, Multi-Cam and Manuscript.
- Revision Mode. (NEW!) Track your changes in different colors, complete with stars in the margin. Available for all documents.
- The Bin. A magical shelf to hold little bits of text you want to keep handy.
- Scratchpad. Keep information or notes outside the document. A great place to store information and instructions for a writing partner or an editor.
- Assets. A handy list of all the images and files imported into your document.
- Themes. Go beyond Dark Mode, with 10 unique themes in a range of styles to suit any mood, or build your own with our Theme Builder. (NEW!)
- Sprints and Goals. Get more written with focused writing sessions.
- Full screen mode. The ultimate distraction-free screenwriting experience.
- In-line notes and synopses. Keep your notes right where you need them.
- Word Analysis. (NEW!) See which words you’re using most frequently and which words aren’t in the dictionary.
- Cheat sheets. Forget how to center something? The answer is a glance away.
. . . . . . . . S C R E E N W R I T E R S . . . . . . . .
- Live Margins. No more tabs. Characters, Parentheticals and Dialogue indent as you type.
- Multi-Cam, Treatment and Comic Book. Templates for things beyond screenplays.
- Character Highlighting. Works in both the Editor and export.
- Gender Analysis. Check the male/female balance in your screenplay.
- Best-in-class PDF Melting. Screenplay PDFs are no longer frozen in carbonite. This was Highland’s breakout feature, and remains unmatched.
. . . . . . . . A D V A N T A G E S . . . . . . . .
Highland is built for today, and the future.
- Speed. From scrolling to previews, Highland is blisteringly fast, using the latest Apple technologies.
- Great typography. Highland features exceptional typography right out of the box. Writers shouldn’t have to look at ugly fonts.
- Standards-leading. Created by the same team that helped forge the Fountain standard, Highland speaks Fountain and Markdown fluently.
- Compatible. Highland is perfect for moving files between Fountain, Final Draft, and PDF formats.
. . . . . . . . S U P P O R T . . . . . . . .
Our in-app “Welcome to Highland” and videos can walk you through features. We also have an extensive FAQ, available both in-app and online:
Send Feedback directly from the Help menu, or reach us online by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter @qapps
- Launch screen now includes new Templates and Sample Documents to get you started
- Toggle the sidebar open/closed using the current panel’s keyboard shortcut (e.g. Cmd-1 for the Navigator). Very useful for a quick peek.
- The Multi-Cam template now respects the global scene header styling, and includes an option to turn off uppercased Action
- System accent color now used for the preview’s Save PDF button for readability in custom themes
- Quote-Unquote Films, Inc.
- 33.5 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Quote-Unquote LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Highland 2 Pro Upgrade SAR 184.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.