Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• If you routinely miss calls when your phone is in another room, you'll be happy to hear that unread missed call events in individual (non-group) chats will be automatically marked as read when you answer or decline on the 2nd, or 3rd, or 27th attempt. Sometimes persistence pays off for everyone involved, especially if one of your friends is accidentally going for the pocket-dial world record.
• We fixed a few bugs, including one that occasionally made part of the interface look transparent while browsing through your contact list. Now you can only metaphorically see right through some of the people you know.
Ratings and Reviews
Notifications not coming on lock screen
On iPhone Not getting notifications on lock screen checked the settings found nothing that works.
Needs to be more user friendly
The app is still under par from its competitors on iPhone as far as user friendliness is concerned .
There is no message forwarding option to more than one contacts. You have to copy paste for each contact. No short cuts available on iOS. You can not remove a participant from a group as administrator if he is added by mistake.
Please improve upon these observations.
I need to know. As u mentioned that u are just taking my phone number for app functionality. Therefore how come i am receiving notifications when ever anyone from my contacts joins signal. As you have not mentioned that you are taking contacts or not. So i need to know either you are taking contacts and telling to Apple Appstore or you are not taking them at all.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Signal Messenger, LLC
- 141.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Signal Foundation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.