"Fantastic app. I don't have enough positive things to say about this app. I am teaching my daughter to sight sing with it - she loves it, I love it." -- a 5-star review at App Store
"Easy to configure, great for sight singing and ear training. Play back function gives instant feedback. I use this daily." -- a 5-star review at App Store
This app is for training on 'sight singing', the ability to read and sing music on sight. It will measure the pitch you sing for each note and provide feedback so that you can know if that pitch is correct or not.
The videos of the music sheets used in 'Sight Singing Pro', this app's sister product, are available: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOAq6dOKra6AGL13n_YGXxgwYDI-LOEmf
=== How to Use ===
1. Press 'Tonic' to check the tonic of the music score.
2. [only on the iPhone version] Scroll through the score to get the picture of a whole song.
3. Press 'Start' and begin singing along with the score.
4. The color of a note will change to green when the pitch you sing is correct. A red note will be displayed when your pitch is off.
5. Push 'Play' to listen to the song in the correct pitch.
=== Main Feature List ===
* Changing the tempo.
* Selecting a treble clef or a bass clef.
* Recording your song and playing back with correct melody.
* Displaying syllables in fixed-do or moveable-do. (Also, a double-tap on the music score will hide/show them easily.)
* Scale practice mode.
* Report section to show your performance report.
Additional settings can be purchased through In-App Purchases, giving access to the following functionality:
* Selecting a level of score difficulty from Intro I, Intro II, Easy, Moderate, and Difficult.
* Choosing the type of notes and rests that appear in the music score.
* Setting the leap.
* Selecting a key from twelve major and twelve minor keys.
* Selecting the time signature from 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4.
* Setting the number of bars.
=== FAQ ===
Q. The app does not seem to provide correct feedback.
A. There would be multiple possible factors causing it. Please check the following things first:
1) Even when you sing the correct pitch, if its timing is not quite right, the feedback will be affected. We recommend to try using a headset or earphones so that you can hear the metronome sound as background while you are singing.
2) The feedback could be affected by ambient noise. We recommend to use the app in a quiet room.
Special Thanks to:
- Kaori Engler (for German translation)
- Kaya Yuki (for Simplified Chinese translation)
- Fixes a problem with some kind of Bluetooth devices.
- Satoru Fukushima
- 37.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Satoru Fukushima
- In-App Purchases
- Setting Functionality USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.