This is the official DhammaOrg iOS mobile App for Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, an Art of Living. Vipassana is the process of self-purification by self-observation. One begins by observing the natural breath to concentrate the mind. Then, with a sharpened awareness, one proceeds to observe the changing nature of body and mind and experiences the universal truths of impermanence, suffering and egolessness. This truth-realization by direct experience results in mental purification.
The technique of Vipassana Meditation is taught at 10-day residential courses during which participants learn the basics of the method, and practice sufficiently to experience its beneficial results. There are no charges for the courses - not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit.
Courses are given in numerous Meditation Centers and at Non-Center course locations. Each location has its own schedule of courses. In most cases, an application for admission to these courses can be completed online using this App. There are numerous Centers currently in operation and more in development around the world, including Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.
Features of this App
- Learn more about Vipassana Meditation.
- Find locations near you that offer Vipassana Meditation courses from a complete worldwide listing or map of over 300 locations spread across 80+ countries.
- Locate Vipassana Meditation courses using search criteria such as dates, regions, and instruction languages.
- Apply and register to attend a Vipassana Meditation course.
- Download or listen online to audio resources in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses and instructions for Mini- Ānāpāna meditation.
- Stream videos in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka, Documentaries about Vipassana for adults and children, Vipassana for business executives and Vipassana in prisons, and a Mini-Ānāpāna Introduction and Practice.
- Support for creating and maintaining individual user account
- Pre-fill course application forms with profile information from user account
- Sync user account with updated information provided on application forms
- One hour group sitting recordings in 25+ different languages.
- Play group sitting recordings with an option to log your daily sittings. All logged data is only stored locally on your device.
- Turn on group sitting counter to join and see how many Old Students are currently meditating.
- Find information about group sittings and other events hosted near you or hosted online.
- Additional audio resources, including discourses for Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta, 1/2/3-day, and 7-day teenager courses; Morning Chantings and Dohas for 10-day courses; Special Chantings; Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka; Pāḷi Training; and Gong Sounds.
- Additional video resources, including Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta Discourses, Benefits of Dhamma Service, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka for Old Students and Dhamma Servers, and Special Chantings in the Gem Set in Gold.
- A wealth of written resources including the Old Student Guide, Course Formalities and Pāḷi Passages, Group Sittings Chantings, the 10-Day Discourse Summaries, Glossary of Pāḷi Terms, FAQs about doing a Self Course, information about the Chain of Teachers in this Tradition, information about Dhamma Service, and Dāna.
- Administer standard or customized self courses
- Filter Library content for different audiences e.g. for public vs. child / teen etc.
- Maintain detailed course history as part of the user account
- Updated localization
- Bug fixes
Betyg och recensioner
Utvecklaren Dhamma.org har angett att appens integritetsrutiner kan inkludera hantering av data enligt beskrivningen nedan. Det finns mer information i utvecklarens integritetspolicy.
Data som inte kopplas till dig
Följande data kan samlas in men den kopplas inte till din identitet:
Sekretessriktlinjer kan variera, till exempel utifrån de funktioner du använder eller din ålder. Läs mer
- SAYATGYI U BA KHIN MEMORIAL TRUST OF MASSACHUSSETS, INC
- 83,1 MB
- Hälsa och motion
- Kräver iOS 11.0 eller senare.
- Kräver iPadOS 11.0 eller senare.
- iPod touch
- Kräver iOS 11.0 eller senare.
- Kräver macOS 11.0 eller senare och en Mac med Apple M1‑chip.
engelska, franska, förenklad kinesiska, gujarati, hindi, italienska, koreanska, marathi, nederländska, oriya, polska, portugisiska, spanska, telugu, tjeckiska, traditionell kinesiska, tyska
- © Sayagyi U Ba Khin Memorial Trust of Mass., Inc.
Upp till sex familjemedlemmar kan använda den här appen när Familjedelning är aktiverad.