Love RSS feeds? So do we!!
RSS feeds are a great way to follow updates on your favorite website. However, some sites set up their feeds to only show a portion of each entry, you know, to get you to click through to their actual website. We find that really annoying, and we're sure you do too.
Which is why, unlike other RSS feed readers, that either push you into a browser (in-app or otherwise), or depend on third party text parsing services and require you to be online to fetch the full text of one article at a time (which makes it no different from having to click/tap through to a website), in lire, you get your favorite RSS feeds as they should've been. You don't need to click through to any website (though, you do still have the option to, if you really wanted). It takes your favorite partial feeds, does it's magic, and converts them in to full feeds, so you don't have to click/tap on those annoying 'Read more' or 'Continue reading' links.
Once they're cached, you don't even need to be connected to read your full-text feeds.
Use as a standalone feed reader,
sync with any of the several services: Feedly, Feedbin, FeedHQ, The Old Reader, Inoreader, BazQux Reader, Newsblur, Feed Wrangler.
- Added: While reading an article, swipe from the right edge of the screen to open the article in Safari View Controller.
- Added: Ability to disable the theme swatching gesture. Please visit Settings > Theme, and use the 'Gesture' toggle there to enable/disable it.
- Added: URL being shared will be displayed in the system share sheet.
- Fixed: A bug that caused a crash in some cases when refreshing a single feed for the the first time in Standalone mode.
- Fixed: A bug that caused some articles to be opened up completely blank.
- Fixed: A bug that caused the app to become unresponsive to keyboard shortcuts after having opened a link in Safari View Controller.
- Other minor bug fixes & improvements.
Major 3.0 update..
- New sync services: FeedHQ, The Old Reader, Inoreader, BazQux Reader, Feedbin, Newsblur, Feed Wrangler.
- Completely redesigned UI.
- Several new fonts.
- State Restoration (lire will now start where you left it when you were last using it).
- Spotlight search for articles.
- Standalone feed engine is completely rebuilt from the ground up.
- New background refresh/sync engine: You can now set the minimum amount of time that must elapse after a background refresh/sync before another background refresh/sync can me initiated.
- Get notifications when a successful background refresh/sync downloads new articles.
- New, and more efficient full-text fetching engine.
- New OPML import engine: Besides being able to import file via 'Open with:' from other apps, you can now import OPML files from iCloud drive, and other apps that offer file providers, from right within the OPML Import/Export screen.
- New section in Accessibility/VoiceOver Options: VoiceOver users can now change the order in which VoiceOver will speak different attributes of each article in a list of articles.
- New Fast Read Later option: This is different from 'Fast Read Later' in previous versions: Go to Settings > Article Options > Fast Read Later, and select what you want Fast Read Later to do. This actions will basically replace the second button on the bottom bar in the main article view.
- New Swipe To Left Action option in article lists: Go to Settings > Article Options > Swipe To Left Action, and select what you want Swipe To Left Action to do. Which in a list of articles swipe/slide an article to the left to perform this actions. VoiceOver users can perform this action from the rotor.
- New Swipe To Right Action option in article lists: Go to Settings > Article Options > Swipe To Right Action, and select what you want Swipe To Right Action to do. Which in a list of articles swipe/slide an article to the right to perform this actions. VoiceOver users can perform this action from the rotor.
- Easy way to report problems with full-text extraction of specific articles: Tap 'Report a problem' link at the bottom of the full-text view if the specific article.
- Tons of other new features, improvements, and bug fixes..
If you enjoy using lire, please leave a review, tell a friend about it, or consider dropping a small thank you in the Tip Jar. That helps a lot!
Betyg och recensioner
Best RSS app i have tried so far
Best RSS app i have tried so far. Also very quick support from the developer when it failed to download full text from one site i follow.
Alright, but not as good as Reeder
I’ve been using Reeder for a long time, but after reading great things about Lire on Macstories I thought I’d give it a go. So Bought it and set it up with Feedbin and Pinboard integration.
Coming from Reeder the UI feels a bit less dull, but also a bit cluttered. I like that it uses color to add emphasis and that site icon caches are not lost as often as they are in Reeder. (This might be an iOS issue - my phone storage is quite full.) But images in the article lists are both noisy and takes too much space and leaves the text extract much to short.
The special sections felt like an interesting addition at first, but when it comes down to it they mostly just take up space from the label view I use the most. The Hot Links section has yet to provide any content – even though it indicates 1 item it is empty. The Calm Feeds section is a great idea, a way to not make you miss the few posts on those old treasured but hardly active blogs, but the implementation makes it almost useless. By default “Calm” means “not more than one post per day”, and the lowest frequency you can set is one every ten days. The Linked List section is full of full content blogs and missing the linked list blog I actually follow. And since most of the blogs I follow are single author blogs, the author section doesn’t add anything. I’ve disabled the last two of these while I’m still hoping to see any use for the first two.
The tag/folder list is good, with option to open into either article or blog lists. (I mostly use the blog lists view.) But editing folders (or tags as they are called in Feedbin) don’t work very well. Lire can show that a blog belongs to multiple folders, but if you try to add it to another one it is removed from the previous, and there is no way to add it back to more than a single folder.
The typography is slightly less pleasing than Reeder by default. There are quite a few configuration options, but I’d like a few themes to select from, the current theme feature seems to only affect colors. It’s nice that the content of longer posts takes up the full screen when scrolling, Reeder leaves an action bar at he bottom.
One feature Lire promotes is the full content view, where the content is loaded even for excerpt only feeds. But it sometimes messes up actual full content feeds so that only a part of the post is displayed and you have to resort to browser view to read it all.
The Pinboard integration is not great. Storing Read later articles works but there is no other option to tag items you save or to save them without the Read Later tag.
All in all it is a quite nice app, but the few ups over Reeder lose to the far many more small shortcomings. I’ll keep using Reeder 3 for now, and probably will upgrade to Reeder 4 once it’s out.
- Kunal Sood
- 37.5 MB
Kräver iOS 10.0 eller senare. Kompatibel med iPhone, iPad och iPod touch.
engelska, franska, grekiska, italienska, spanska, tjeckiska, tyska
- Du måste vara minst 17 år för att få hämta denna app.
- Obegränsad tillgång till internet.
- © 2019 Kunal Sood
- 75,00 kr
- Köp inuti app
- Amazing Tip 50,00 kr
- Generous Tip 10,00 kr
Upp till sex familjemedlemmar kan använda den här appen när Familjedelning är aktiverat.