Number Frames help students structure numbers to five, ten, twenty, and one hundred. Students use the frames to count, represent, compare, and compute with numbers in a particular range.
The frames allow students see quantities as equal groups of other quantities and in relation to benchmark quantities. This helps primary students move away from one-by-one counting toward more efficient ways of counting and computing. As students advance, custom frames can be constructed to help visualize factors, products, fractional parts and more.
These virtual versions of number frames are open-ended educational tools, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use iPads.
Number frames are a key model used in Bridges in Mathematics, second edition. Online preview available at: www.mathlearningcenter.org/bridges
• Use standard 5-, 10-, 20-, and 100-frames, or create custom frames up to 12 x 12.
• Choose from a variety of counters and colors. Drag single counters — or stacks of 5 and 10 — into frames or on to the workspace.
• Apply a 5s grid to frames to emphasize every 5th line and reinforce grouping by five.
• Hide and reveal counters with resizable covers to create your own problems and model strategies.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
• Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.
For more Number Line resources and other apps, visit:
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs visual models like number line, visit:
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.
Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
New features in Version 2:
• Counters are easily duplicated for use in number counting, comparison and operations activities.
• Share your work by saving an image or url, or providing a sharing code to others. Great for creating the initial setup of an activity, then sharing it with students so they can explore it further.
• Enter text directly from your keyboard with the new writing tool. Add labels, descriptions, or instructional text to your work.
• More easily edit equations and other math text using a traditional text field.
• Drawings on the workspace stay visible when the drawing palette is closed.
• Hide and reveal jumps, numbers, and other elements with resizable covers.
Version 2.0.3 includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.
Utvecklaren The Math Learning Center har inte informerat Apple om dess integritetspraxis och hantering av data. Det finns mer information i utvecklarens integritetspolicy.
Ingen information tillhandahållen
Utvecklaren måste tillhandahålla integritetsinformation i nästa appuppdatering.
- The Math Learning Center
- 16.7 MB
- Kräver iPadOS 11.4 eller senare.
- Kräver macOS 11 eller senare och en Mac med Apple M1‑chip.
- © 2020 The Math Learning Center
Upp till sex familjemedlemmar kan använda den här appen när Familjedelning är aktiverad.