POIViewer is a POI management tool with a lot of features.
POIViewer can load, manage and display POIs (Points of Interest) on maps.
Places, waypoints, placemarks can be imported and exported, show as pin or configurable icon on maps.
This universal app is very fast even with thousands points, making it the perfect complement to existing apps for navigation or route planning.
And if you really have a lot (>10000), you can selectively show/hide groups of POI on the map.
A few reviews from App stores (thank you):
***** Very good as usual - Working since years with this jewel: keep up the wonderful job.
***** Nearby POIs - Great enhancement!
***** This is the best poi app so far //Bosse.
***** Sehr praktische App und toller Support (Very handy app and great support)
***** At last my poi back
POI import from:
• Supported POI Files: .csv (Garmin), .ov2 (Tomtom), .zip, .asc., .gpx (only places can be imported), KML/KMZ (only places can be imported)
• A moveable marker on the map
• Your current location
• Foursquare places
• Wikipedia geotagged articles
• The POI search results
• Your contacts
POIViewer does not provide navigation,
but it can launch your favorite GPS app:
• Tomtom GO
• Apple Maps
• Google Maps
• Garmin StreetPilot
• CoPilot GPS
• IGO (the new iGO navigation is not well supported, due to a bug in IGO, write them an email)
• Where To?
Maps provider (online only):
• Apple Maps
• Bing Maps
POI files can be imported via:
• Email, Safari, Airdrop, etc (via iOS "Open In...")
• iTunes file sharing
• Cloud Providers on iOS 8 (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, ...)
• The integrated web browser
• POI title and comment can be edited.
• HTML comment from KML file can be viewed.
• POI are organized into lists. You can copy/move POI from one list to another.
For each POI, you can view:
• Nearby POIs
• Google Streetview
• Photos (provided by Google Places, Wikimedia Commons, flickr and your photo library)
• Foursquare places and tips
• Wikipedia articles
• You can now monitor nearby POI while you move (for geocaching or other alerts).
• Pin icon can be modified per list or per POI.
• Pin icon can be imported via iTunes (zip files supported).
• Pin icon can be pasted into the pin library.
• Pin icon can be imported from the internet with the integrated browser.
• Places and list can exported in KMZ or KML format.
• Exported KMZ can be sent by email
• Exported KMZ/KML can be sent to PC/Mac via iTunes File Sharing
• Exported KMZ/KML can be opened on the iPad/iPhone with apps such as Goodreader, Dropbox app, or Google Earth (KML only).
• In order to launch POIViewer from an external launcher, use the URL scheme: poiviewer://.
Visit our web site for more details.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The use of this monitoring feature to provide speed camera detection might be forbidden in some country.
Fix compass (again) on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Swiss army knife for POI
The best app for handling POI and starting your favorite Navi directly with a click. Highly recomennded.
Superb app för POI:s
Med denna app kan man hantera alla POI listor och enskilda POI för att senare starta upp sin favoritnavigeringsapp t.ex. Navigon, med önskad POI (koordinat). Smidig hantering.
What happened with the directions to iGO, the best navigation app?
- David Epinette
- 27.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © FKDev 2010-2016
- 40,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.