The original best-selling mobile word game, reimagined!
Pick your words wisely! As you play, more tiles rise from the bottom of the screen! It'll take all of your lexicological wits, and tactical know-how to keep your columns down. If any letters make it to the top row, it's game over.
Classic modes Daily Tower, Tower, Puzzle, Rush and Zen are all back and packed with brand new BONUS TILES that double (or more!) word values.
Joining them is the brand new Search mode, plus ExPuzzle, Double Puzzle, Bubble Puzzle, and Blitz mode!
That’s eleven modes in all!
Plus iCloud Backup, Highscores reported for games even while in-progress, detailed statistics for every mode, Game Center leaderboards, and achievements.
It’s pretty wild to be revisiting my first hit game, SpellTower. I can't believe it's almost 10 years since it released. The first iPhones it ran on had a 3.5 inch screen and 320 x 480 resolution! I literally did a double-take at that resolution when I looked it up.
A funny part about having a hit game is people talk to you about it. With SpellTower I heard about grandparents playing the game every morning to keep their minds sharp, parents playing it with their kids, expectant mothers playing it to get through morning sickness, and countless sightings of strangers playing it on subways, planes — even elevators.
I got into games because I wanted to connect with people in a positive way. I wanted to help people think critically and come away with more than they arrived with. Games felt like a way to do this on a huge scale, but the stories I heard from SpellTower players taught me that games do so much more for people than I ever expected.
I’m deeply grateful that SpellTower has been able to be something special for so many people, and I think that’s why so many people have shared it with friends, loved ones, and strangers on elevators.
Even though SpellTower is a game I made, it’s really barely mine anymore. The experiences and love I had for the game has been outstripped by its audiences a thousandfold. I thought a lot about all the experiences that people have had with the game when I was designing this new version. I hope it gives everyone who’s loved the game a reason to pick it back up again and share it amongst their friends and family.
1.0.9 - Exciting changes to Rush and Blitz modes!
- made some big changes in rush/blitz mode. Shortened word submission time, allowed for multiple word submissions at once, stopped the timer pause from happening during word submissions.
- night mode color adjustments for clarity and for less blinding full-white colors
- fixed a bug where sometimes 'add row' was difficult to hit
- interaction improvements when dragging in "only submit words when tapping the top bar" mode
- changed 'only submit when tapping top word-bar' option to also apply when dragging to select
- fixed "Tournament Not Finished" bug for future tournaments
- fixed bug where sometimes challenges would be used up when players neverminded out of the menu
- fixed issues where sometimes highscores might not save
- fixed top bar not submitting words after successful challenge
- disabled share button on ipad since it isn't working
- fixed of the hang-on-load bug
1. How are word scores figured?
The word score formula is: (Letter values + Bonus letter values) * Word length.
Letter values are the letters in the word and Bonus letter values are any additional tiles removed by the word.
Letters each have a hidden value that roughly equates to their rarity.
2. What kinds of words are legal for the wordlist?
It's actually pretty complicated to settle on rules for a wordlist! I didn't want to just do the typical "no proper nouns" because to me that feels wrong. Word games are about finding words you know, and words like "American" are real words, even if they have to be capitalized. That said, when you include lists of names things do eventually become out of control so there need to be some limits. Here's what I decided:
- No names (i.e. Jessica, Zeus, Jesus)
- No place names (i.e. America, Saturn)
- No abbreviations (i.e. DWI, IOU)
- No vulgar slang
- Names of peoples are okay (i.e. American, Asian, Cherokee)
- Names of constellations are okay (i.e. Pleiades)
- Genera of species are okay (i.e. Aegypius)
- Non-Vulgar slang is okay (i.e. Bae)
- STFJ LLC
- 147.5 MB
Kräver iOS 9.0 eller senare. Kompatibel med iPhone, iPad och iPod touch.
- © 2020 STFJ LLC
- Köp inuti app
- Full Game Unlock 59,00 kr
Utmana vänner och kolla resultattavlor och prestationer.
Upp till sex familjemedlemmar kan använda den här appen när Familjedelning är aktiverad.