You deserve a break. Easy break reminders, with flexible customization if you want it.
It is very easy to fall into bad habits when using a computer for hours on end. You care about what you are doing, so can sometimes push yourself too far, or over-strain yourself. The human body isn't built to sit in one position for endless hours, gripping a mouse or typing on the keyboard. Dejal Time Out is here to help. It will gently remind you to take a break on a regular basis.
Time Out comes with two kinds of breaks: a "Normal" break, typically for 10 minutes every hour, so you can move about and relax, plus a "Micro" break: a very brief pause of typically 15 seconds every 15 minutes, so you can remember not to tense up too much for long periods. You can change, disable or remove either kind of break if desired, and add new kinds of breaks, e.g. fixed lunch or afternoon breaks.
You can configure how long each kind of break lasts, and how long between breaks, and the breaks can be set to count backwards when you take a natural break, e.g. when you go away from your computer.
The app features customizable break themes, with several variations to show during breaks. These themes can be edited if desired, using standard HTML.
While in a break, a progress bar shows how long till it is over, and buttons are available to postpone or skip the break if you can't be interrupted right then.
What's more, you can optionally perform various actions before, during or after breaks. You can display a notification, play a sound, speak some text, run a script, and more.
- Now uses more modern ways to start the break helper, the automatically start on login option, and access the System Settings.
- Fixed app icons not appearing for apps with display names that don't match their filename.
- Fixed a break sometimes stopping too early when using the Ask When to Start option.
- Fixed a break not being rescheduled past midnight when a natural break occurs.
- Added themes for the Sinclair Trails blog and YouTube channel, and updated the Tropical Rain theme.
- Fixed the Speak Time break action script.
- Can now use a URL of timeout://settings to open the Time Out settings window, in addition to the existing timeout://preferences (useful for scripting and shortcuts).
Betyg och recensioner
I like it
A nice app where you don’t have to keep track of the time, you just study until the time ends.
Best ADHD app! Stops me, makes me think & choose task.
I set this up to cover my screen completely, which forces me to stop hyperfocusing and realise what I’m doing. Oftentimes I have strayed from myt most important task – my ADHD makes me very easily distracted. My two kinds of breaks are every 30 minutes for 20 seconds, when I relax and look at the horizon, and 5 minutes every couple of hours, when I get up, drink water, stretch etc. I get to skip 1 short break per day, and I can postpone the longer break 5 minutes if needed. Really the most helpful app I have found!
Excellent app for remembering to move
My shoulders and neck are much healthier now since I started to use the remember-to-take-a-break app. Time Out works like a charm for this.
Utvecklaren Dejal Systems, LLC har angett att appens integritetsrutiner kan inkludera hantering av data enligt beskrivningen nedan. Det finns mer information i utvecklarens integritetspolicy.
Data som är kopplade till dig
Följande data kan komma att samlas in och kopplas till din identitet:
Sekretessriktlinjer kan variera, till exempel utifrån de funktioner du använder eller din ålder. Läs mer
- Dejal Systems, LLC
- 8,7 MB
- Hälsa och motion
- Kräver macOS 10.15 eller senare.
- 17+ Sporadiskt förekommande/nedtonad medicinsk eller behandlingsinformation. Obegränsad tillgång till internet.
- © 2023 Dejal Systems, LLC
- Köp inuti app
- 3-Month Supporter 49,00 kr
- 12-Month Supporter 199,00 kr
- 6-Month Supporter 99,00 kr