The BBC News brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
You can also switch the My News by Topic screen to a more traditional carousel view from the Settings screen.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. The app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
We aim to release regular improvements to the BBC News app. Recently we've been working on enhancing some fundamental elements of the app, which should help us to add some exciting features in the future
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pop Up Ads
Yes I do agree with many of your viewers on the pop up ads interfering with our reading. I do understand that ads help support the cost side of the business. However, please try to find a better system in timing the popping of ads without too much effects on your income.
The most reliable news agency in the world!I've been listening to the radio news service daily from its SW to its present FM ,at least in my area, for the past for 50 years! No frills, no sensationalisation! Just packed with information!
For the next 50 years if I am still around will be looking forward to more sophistication like the apps ,podcast etc.
Good job old chaps!Keep it up! Cheerio!
The adverts keep refreshing like literally 20 times on the “my news” page and each time they do that it scrolls back to the top so you can’t read the news. And the adverts are huge squares that cover up the actual news headlines so it’s impossible to read. And I tried to give feedback in the app but it says “error configure email” but there’s nowhere to configure it. Fix this bad User Experience please, because the news articles are my main source of news.
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 93.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019-2020 BBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.