The #1 French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with over 748,000 Entries ◇ Comprehensive Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“Best that I have found. This dictionary is very complete. I have found it to be better than some online dictionaries.”
“I teach an intermediate class. I always have my iPad by my side. This app is great for quick word definition searches.”
“More than just a dictionary. The photo capability is perfect for visual learners like me. I definitely recommend it!”
“Worth the money. Great app! Best French dictionary I could find in the appshop.”
“Excellent. Very complete and easy to use. Being an offline tool is a key benefit.”
French English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. French English Dictionary + includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download French English Dictionary + now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 748,000 offline entries.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,438 French & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- iPad enhancements including Split Screen with Drag & Drop.
- Apple Watch support with voice lookup.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary.
• French Canadian words and expressions
• French Internet slang
• Romantic words and expressions
• French idioms
Added 2,612 translations of verb infinitives.
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium subscription users.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email email@example.com
If you appreciate free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Has its flaws, but is still undeniably useful to a student learning French. Some words are missing, and it would be good to have slang included, as well as have feminine nouns indicated with French input.
Otherwise, both the word search and conjugation functions are good.
Voice pronunciation suddenly stopped working. Quite a number of words cannot be found in the dictionary. Certain words are also mispronounced. Example: je lis ("s" should be silent but your app pronounces it). Please improve/enhance the app.
Need to be improved
Suddenly the pronunciations function stopped working, there are numerous words have incorrect conjugations, the app seems to be less and less functional than it used to be. please fix it as soon as I can. I need your app to work I have an important exam on the 21 of August. Get it to work for the love of God!!!
- Ascendo Inc.
- 43 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo
- S$ 14.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.