Hydra offers innovative photo capture technology, and lets you take beautiful pictures even in the most difficult lighting conditions, which makes it a great companion to iOS Camera app.
“The Hydra app from Belgian company Creaceed is one of the more interesting iOS camera apps we have seen in the recent past.”
“Hydra is for people who enjoy iPhone photography at a higher and more rewarding level.”
— David Robinson (iPhonographer)
"Hydra has the particularity of offering original features, which are missing from many competing apps."
Hydra captures more light by merging up to 60 frames to make a single high-quality picture (less noise, more highlights/shadows) on iPhone and iPad. Hydra also goes beyond the 8- or 12-megapixel sensor limit, with up to 32-megapixel high-resolution images. It uses the latest evolutions of iPhone and iPad camera hardware, as well as the latest camera APIs and GPU rendering technologies.
Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-Light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
• Hydra's High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
• Video-HDR uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode to create stunning videos.
• Lo-Light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
• Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x, 4x and 8x (telephoto lens) scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique(*).
• Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8 or 12MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image(*).
• Hydra supports the telephoto & front cameras respectively in Zoom and Lo-Light/HDR modes to shoot portraits & selfies.
Hydra also features a photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata, directly linked with built-in iOS photo album, thus avoiding duplicates and allowing to flag as favorites.
(*) recommended for static scenes or distant scenery. Rendering artifacts can occur for scenes with parallax and for moving subjects.
- Fixed incorrect date in video metadata that could occur under certain conditions
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I needed
Amazing app. When I heard about the Google Pixel's software zoom feature I was honestly jealous, but then I found out about this app through a video and thought, this is exactly what I need. $7 I figured was alright especially if I'm going to get a feature that would otherwise only exist on another phone. Surely enough, this app takes very good pictures, and I especially love it because the photos it produce are very smooth and very very low noise (compared to the stock app that in my opinion is just too noisy and jagged!). Awesome $7 spent and works super well with the iPhone XS!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! They're really appreciated! /TC
good app, but there still alot of rooms to improve.
1) the settings is so little.
2) the low light might need to further improve
3) the HDR not much settings.
4) the super resolution, i believe can do better than the current version.
the best part is when Zoom. but still, would like to see further enhancements.
Quality of videos and photos are great!
- Creaceed SPRL
- 18.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2017 - Creaceed SPRL
- S$ 6.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.