** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius" — GameAndPlayer.net
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "iPhone App of the Week" — Apple
* Apple Design Award winner (iPad version)
* #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN
* iPad Game of the Year — TUAW
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax.
* 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi), or over the Internet.
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld
“The best iPad game yet.” — IGN
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo
“The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired
“It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer
5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
iPhone X compatibility and UI tweaks.
Ratings and Reviews
Art meets science! (Well, sort of...)
Sure this game isn't for everyone. If you have the attention span of a housefly and aren't really into games that require more than 2 free minutes, Osmos would be the worse game you'd have ever played. If you can spare more than 2 mins and can immerse yourself in a game, with headphones and all, this game will enthral you.
If you've played Spore Origins, this is like that only more grown up. Sedate and outer spacey colour palettes abound in Osmos and the soundtrack is something any fan of electronic ambient music will appreciate. While the premise of the game (absorb other 'motes' by merging with them while squirting bits of yourself as propulsion fluid) does sound a little gross when put into words like this, the game isn't gross in any way, I promise. It's maybe creepy at bits but definitely not gross.
Overall, a game that gives iDevices a good name as a gaming platform.
Definitely worth buying
In Osmos, you have to absorb stuff smaller than you to keep growing and eventually take over the whole screen. If you're a fan of Katamari, you should consider purchasing Osmos. Although they're two separate game in terms of gameplay, but the game focuses on growing and growing and growing until the majority of your screen is filled with what you initially started out as. Great controls, complicated physics and fun gameplay. Definitely worth getting!
Awesome gameplay and sound couple
Really enjoyed the soundtrack and the zen-like gameplay, hope to see more updates. Maybe game modes and backdrops like those in a petri dish?
- Hemisphere Games Inc
- 36.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 Hemisphere Games, Inc.
- S$ 4.48
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.