Kickstarter is a place where independent creators and passionate backers come together to bring new ideas to life. Explore creative projects in art, design, film, games, music, and more, and pledge to your favorites right from the app. Creators can even keep up with their own projects on the go.
With the Kickstarter app, you can:
• Back projects to help make new ideas a reality.
• Stay in the know with updates from projects you’ve backed.
• Save your favorites and get reminders before projects end.
• Share projects with friends via email, messaging, and more.
Project creators can stay up to date from anywhere:
• Easily track your funding progress.
• Keep up with comments and pledges.
• Post updates and respond to backer messages.
We’re preparing for some exciting new releases in the app, so we cleared some space by tidying up a bit. Leave a review and let us know how we’re doing.
Ratings and Reviews
If you want to part with your hard earned money then by all means use this app to fund the scammers. It seems Kickstarter don't response or take responsibility for scammers who source for cheating unaware funders. Just check on the floods of comments on the Superscreen project. I'm one of the backers and it has been more than a year and still they can't promise to deliver the product. The delivery date given is around Dec 2018 and that is also not confirmed. The worst part is Kickstarter is not responding to backers queries and a lot of them and including myself suspect Kickstarter might collude with Superscreen with thus scam. If you look at other comments on other projects, we can see a lot of similar situations. Is Kickstarter part of the scam? Because I've asked them on their website about this Superscreen scam they are silent about it. That's why I'm trying to communicate with them through this review. Could Apple Inc. do something about this?
I feel this a great place to show and sell unique products and to buy them but however i have my fair share of not receiving products from failed projects and scammers and lousy/frail/breakable products. But i have been backing a number of them and most are really good, reliable and durable. Just dont let those few money eating company affect the reputation of kickstarter.
Anyways dev i would like to suggest a feature about creating a tab for received projects/products to separate what we have gotten and what we have backed. Thanks!!
Kickstarter alerts and scammers
1. Would be good if backers of a project or those who leave comments to a project can be alerted as comments are posted (similar to Facebook posting alerts). This will then notify backers, who either backed the project or posted on the comments section, the moment others or the project owners post a comment. This is essential to being kept up to date on the experiences of other backers of the same project.
2. Kickstarter is not doing enough to protect the rights and money of backers. If you look into how many of these projects are scams, it’s amazing. It’s enough to stop many of us from crowd funding due to the amount of dishonest scammers.
- Kickstarter, PBC
- 38.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Kickstarter PBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.