Join millions of readers around the world and access eBooks and audiobooks all with one app. Go shelf-less and take your reading adventures on the go. With over 6 million titles to choose from, there's something for every type of reader and listener.
Purchase eBooks and audiobooks directly from Kobo. They'll automatically appear in the app immediately afterwards.
The Kobo App makes reading even more comfortable and convenient:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime, and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use player makes it simple for you to move through your audiobook with a single touch. Never worry about losing your spot, and see how much time is left at a glance. Schedule it to turn off after a set amount of time—perfect for listening before going to sleep.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favourite.
• Start reading on one device and pick up on another. The Kobo App always remembers where you left off, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from what you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Traditional Chinese or Japanese.
• Listen to audiobooks while you drive with CarPlay. Download them before connecting to CarPlay, or else you won’t see them.
In our latest update, we’ve made it easier for you to know which books in your Wishlist and search results are available with a Kobo Plus subscription. If you’re already a Kobo Plus subscriber, you can now add Kobo Plus titles to your books directly from your search results.
Thank you for reading with Kobo Books!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Problems with May 2018 update
With latest (May 2018) update, all my side-loaded PDFs have gone (yes, I’ve done the Adobe login) and the dictionary feature has gone missing. It’s a good app when it works, but updates often break things....
And no, you can still not highlight across pages....
Latest version (Feb 2017) has a new problem. One can no longer highlight text across more than one page. If seems that every time there's a cosmetic upgrade, core functionality takes a step back.
Now March 2017 version tries to add 'sort by date added', but the sort is completely wrong. Looks close to random. Not working...
Works. Does what it's supposed to do.
I have no qualms with much of the app besides
1. Multi-page highlighting. Would it be possible to allow us to drag a highlight over a page turn without having to muck with the font size to put everything on the same page first?
2. Picture quote function. Still a square - no doubt a vestige of the old Instagram days. 9:16 has since become the new hotness, guys.
Love this app
Convenient. Automatic bookmarking allows me to continue reading on different devices. Would be better if the app allows for purchase of new books too.
- Kobo Inc.
- 134.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.