This app allows you to define words by tapping on the word via a video stream, it works on paperback books, maybe printed documents, It uses this pseudo Augmented reality technique, saving you the trouble of typing the word into a conventional dictionary.
Usage/Promo Video : http://vimeo.com/jinahadam/meanings
* point the video stream on the page/printed document
* let it focus
* tap the word you want to define.
* if it fails or the text is inaccurate adjust the distance between the phone and the page/printed text.
* App will try to autocorrect word or suggest closest match if the processed word is not in the dictionary.
This app uses, Image Processing/OCR technologies, the result may not be always accurate, especially if the font is not a standard font. Its optimised to work on paperback books
* Added iPhone X support
* App is now Universal
* Updated for iOS 11.
* Simpler user interface.
* App tries to autocorrect word or offer suggestions for the word if the processed word is not found in the dictionary.
* More updates and better accuracy coming soon..
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really like this app for its simple interface and no fuss functionalities. It does what it does.
The developer, jinahadam, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.