Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any LG Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your LG TV.
This works on any LG Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your LG TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for LG TV app. It will start looking for your LG TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model LG TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for LG TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Dolphin Mobile Browser instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
"Mirroring made Easy" - 5 STARS - by JBGuam
Absolutely great app, worked seamlessly with my tv, lag was minimal, but to be fair only receiving 40-45 mbs instead of 100+ mbs in the particular room I tried this. Should be even better with faster internet speeds.
"Works Great!!" - 5 STARS - by czerkman
Not sure why others had problems, I followed the directions and it worked perfectly. Ingenious idea from a developers standpoint.
"The app works great" - 5 STARS - by Alivesbg
No problems... Good set by step set-up.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed in the app considering its price - does not work well at all.
Getting it to work at first required quite a bit of settings which were not indicated in the instruction tutorial. But at least developer was prompt and helpful in emailing suggestions.
After getting it to work, I was extremely disappointed when the video mirrored on the TV became “jerky” after a few seconds of mirroring. It just became a useless app for me if I wanted to mirror videos from my phone to my LG TV. Any way to get a refund?
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to review our Mirror for LG TV app. When video freezes and the connection between your iPhone or iPad and your TV breaks, this is usually due to (temporary) poor local network conditions. Power cycling the router will fix this issue. Visit the FAQ on our website for more tips on how to improve the quality and performance of your home network.
Poor application that I find it a rip off
Decided to invest in this application with the intention to replace Apple TV. However, the performance of the application is extremely poor. The mirror was laggy, I also face some issues with the audio output. I would think it’s a 0 Star application considering the amount I paid for it. DO NOT BUY THIS PLEASE!
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear your concern. Usually the latency on LG TV is between 1 - 3 seconds. Do you see a longer delay than this on your TV? Then it could be due to (temporary) low network condition. Screen Mirroring from your iPhone or iPad to your Smart TV is quite a heavy job for your home network. Lots of data is going from your iPhone or iPad to your TV and it needs to be there on time. If the performance of the router is not good, then you will see such longer delays. There are multiple ways to improve the performance of your router. One of the easiest ways to improve your network performance is to simply restart your router. Please visit the FAQ on our website (https://www.airbeam.tv/faq/) for more tips on how to improve the quality and performance of your home network.
Also you mentioned that you have audio issue. Are you playing audio from Safari / Chrome browser? Audio playback from Safari / chrome is a known problem from Apple and we are waiting for a fix from them. Meanwhile, we have two solutions that you can use. 1. When the audio from Safari is not playing, just close Safari to go back to the home screen and start Safari again (do this while you are still mirroring). Usually the 2nd time, the audio is transmitted to TV. 2. Use another web browser. Chrome and Firefox have the same problem, but Dolphin Web Browser (available for free in the app store) work fine with audio. If the problem still persists, please contact us either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook Messenger or through ‘send diagnostic information’ from the app. Our support team is available 24/7 and would be glad to help you mirror your audio on TV.
If you are still unsatisfied with your purchase, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: http://bit.ly/mac-refund. But please contact us, so we could help you get connected to your LG TV. Thanks!
App keeps crashing
App keeps crashing after few photos using my LG smart tv. Absolutely not acceptable need refund.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to review our Mirror for LG TV app. When video freezes and the connection between your iPhone and your TV breaks, this is usually due to (temporary) poor local network conditions. Power cycling the router will fix this issue. Visit the FAQ on our website for more tips on how to improve the quality and performance of your home network.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.