The new MyTransport.SG mobile app now offers you with more useful travelling information and new features to help you get around Singapore.
New features of MyTransport.SG:
• Personalisation - Quick access to your frequently used bus service and traffic information.
• My Notifications - Manage push notifications to receive MRT or Road alerts that interest you.
• Near You - View information on nearby bus services, MRT stations or traffic information in the vicinity.
• Multi-modal Journey Planner - Start planning your journey with different transport options based on your travel needs.
This application is a service of Singapore Government.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background may decrease battery life.
- iOS 14 support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Traffic camera view is too small on phone.
Thought that there were some minor improvements but found that what I used to depend a lot upon, which is the traffic camera view has been shrunk to about 1/3 of screen size making it challenging to see properly. Don't know how to magnify it. Tried tapping all over the phone but don't seem to have that function! Old do something about it. Big Fail in Design Thinking!
Terrible UI compared to previous MyTransport app
(1) This app doesn’t allow you to check bus arrival that is not nearby to you where the previous app allow you to check the bus arrival for whole Singapore
(2) Delayed in updating the bus arrival timing, the previous app is much more accurate compared to the new app
(3) There’s no way to download old MyTransport app anymore
(4) There isn’t a way to customise what you wanted to see at main page, old app allow you to customise them by arranging them like the app in a mobile app. Eg: I will need to check bus arrival every time using the app, but there’s no way to customise it to show Bus Arrival every time I launch the app.
(5) This is related to (4). Why can’t UI expert consider themselves as a user? How many people in Singapore using this app to check bus arrival vs other features? Why can’t you make bus arrival checking straight forward and minimise the number of tap to get bus arrival information?
Mobile app UI design is to bring the most useful or frequent use feature to the users with the lowest number of taps and a clean UI, take Google main page as a use case or example.
New app vs old app
So many negative reviews and comments posted about new app. Hope LTA listen to users feedbacks and improve the current app as soon as possible.
My issue with new app is on traffic news. Map interface in previous app version was so much more user friendly:
- Symbol of each news type (accident, roadwork, etc) are all same colour hence not visually easy for driver to differentiate, especially when half of driver’s attention is on the road. Worse still, the colour used is grey !! In old version, different colours were used for each symbol type.
- Again on the symbols. Scale of symbols versus map is so wrong. Symbols are so big when viewed on map i.e. the streets on map are almost totally obscured by the symbols !! In old version, the scale of symbols and map is perfect. Even when zoom into map, symbols remain relatively small but still visible.
In conclusion, why change things when they are not broken. Worse still is make things worse instead of improving on it. Apps developers nowdays seem to update apps only for the sake of doing it and not to improve user experience.
- Land Transport Authority Singapore
- 98.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Land Transport Authority of Singapore
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.