nRF Connect is a powerful generic tool that allows you to scan and explore your Bluetooth Low Energy (henceforth Bluetooth LE, also called Bluetooth Version 4.0+ of the Bluetooth specification) devices and communicate with them.
nRF Connect also allows your iOS device to advertise as a peripheral, with full support of many of Bluetooth SIG adopted profiles.
Additionally, nRF Connect supports Nordic Semiconductor’s Device Firmware Update profile (DFU) capabilities, allowing you to update compatible peripherals!
• Supports DFU on all Nordic Semiconducto-powered devices.
• Supports Nordic Thingy™ from Nordic Semiconductor.
• Scan and discover nearby Bluetooth LE peripherals.
• Filter Scanned Peripherals by Name, Manufacturer, Services (Advertised & Connected) and RSSI Level.
• Parsing Multiple Formats of Bluetooth LE Advertisement Data.
• Live RSSI Chart of Scanned Bluetooth LE Peripherals.
• Complete iPad Support, including Multi-Tasking and Mouse Support as of 13.4.
• Logs: Including BLE Function calls, and Export Function as CSV and Text.
• Privacy-Oriented: Full-Disclosure of Scanned Data, Advertised Data, and User-Performed Actions held by nRF Connect.
• Connecting to Any Connectable Bluetooth LE Smart Device.
• Discovery of Services, Characteristics and Descriptors.
• Read and Write Characteristics and Descriptors.
• Enable and Disable Notifications and Indications.
• Advertising as a Bluetooth LE Peripheral.
• Setting up a Bluetooth LE (Peripheral) Server and Notifying/Indicating back to connected Central(s).
• Low-Fat: nRF Connect for iOS is Very Small, so You Can Always Keep Us With You!
• iOS 9.0 and above.
nRF Connect also works with our Development Kits, which you may acquire online here:
We’re sorry for the delay - we’ve been busy! But most of all, we didn't want you to wait for a while to get a release and then not have much to it, so that made the wait even longer. But we’re here now!
• Redesigned DFU UI
• Copy Log Lines (Device Details)
• Full list of Crashes, Fixes and User Interface Details available from the 'What’s New’ Dialog when you open the app.
nRF Connect doesn't prompt you for reviews. We value your time and know you might need to make use of our tool in times of pressure. That being said, if you feel good about us and want to perform a gesture, please leave us a review. It helps us a lot. Thank you so much in advance. :-)
To contact us, holler us on Twitter @NordicTweets. You can also use our DevZone forums (https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/) where you will receive quick support for your inquiries.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.