nRF Connect is a powerful generic tool that allows you to scan and explore your Bluetooth Low Energy (henceforth Bluetooth LE, also called Bluetooth Version 4.0+ of the Bluetooth specification) devices and communicate with them.
nRF Connect also allows your iOS device to advertise as a peripheral, with full support of many of Bluetooth SIG adopted profiles.
Additionally, nRF Connect supports Nordic Semiconductor’s Device Firmware Update profile (DFU) capabilities, allowing you to update compatible peripherals!
- Missing from 1.x Version:
• Logging: This feature will return, bigger and better, as soon as we can get back to it. We're very sorry if this causes you any inconvenience :(
• Supports Nordic Semiconductor's (Secure & legacy) DFU.
• Supports Nordic Thingy™ from Nordic Semiconductor.
• Scan and discover nearby Bluetooth LE peripherals.
• Filter Scanned Peripherals by Name, Manufacturer, Services (Advertised & Connected) and RSSI Level.
• Parsing Multiple Formats of Bluetooth LE Advertisement Data.
• Live RSSI Chart of Scanned Bluetooth LE Peripherals.
• Complete iPad Support, including Multi-Tasking.
• Privacy-Oriented: Full-Disclosure of Scanned Data, Advertised Data, and User-Performed Actions held by nRF Connect.
• Connecting to Any Connectable Bluetooth LE Smart Device.
• Discovery of Services and Characteristics.
• Read and Write Characteristics.
• Enable and Disable Notifications and Indications.
• Advertising as a Bluetooth LE peripheral.
• Low-Fat: nRF Connect for iOS is Very Small, at Less Than 10 MB of Size. So You Can Always Keep Us With You!
• iOS 9.0 and above.
nRF Connect also works with our Development Kits, which you may acquire online here:
Here it is! The big release you were waiting for with… roll of drums please… DARK MODE !
• Full Adoption of iOS 13’s new Dark Mode across the app
• Refined the Scanner’s color palette under iOS 13 to use Apple’s new system colors
• Improved design of the Settings Screen in iOS 13 (use of inset_grouped style)
• Introduced Apple’s new SF Symbols when running under iOS 13
• Redesigned Settings’ Screen under iOS 13
• Automatic Advertiser Naming
• Added an extra ‘Configuration’ Section in the Advertiser’s Screen to inform the user that the Advertiser’s AdvInterval and TxPower levels cannot be set manually, and that iOS promises to advertise in a ‘best effort’ manner.
• Service Characteristic Descriptors are now scanned, parsed and shown to the user.
• Added Support for Properly Parsing all four Eddystone Frame Types (UID, URL, TLM and EID) and Eddystone UUIDs.
• The “Package Selection” DFU Screen now detects Folders, and orders the list of shown elements prioritizing ZIP files.
• The “Ready to Upload” DFU Screen’s now pipes the DFU process logs into its Text Element.
• The “Ready to Upload” DFU Screen now allows Sharing/Exporting the contents of the DFU Log.
• New “Error” State added as part of the DFU pipeline, allowing the user to see the logs of the DFU Update if it fails.
• Device Beacon Data is now parsed instead of computed on-the-fly, so it can now be seen as part of the Scanner State (Settings -> Privacy -> Scanner State)
• Logic: The Device Switcher UI just above the TabBar was not switching properly between all of the selected devices.
• Logic: If the same Label and Image UI Component was shown multiple times, it’d throw off the Animation’s timing.
• Crash Fix: If a DFU Update failed and the user toggled the visibility of the Device Details pane, it would previously leave the App in an inconsistent state regarding the selected device, causing a crash.
• UI: The colors you saw in the lists of scanned devices in both the Scanner and Graph tabs were "supposed" to look random, but weren't.
• UI: When Disconnecting from a Device, the Action Buttons now Disappear.
• UI: More things that don't fit here!
• Performance: Drastically improved battery consumption of the Graph Tab (50% reduction)
• Performance: Unified Threading Pipelines for the Event, Filesystem and BLE subsystems, freeing up the Events pipeline to listen to the user faster as well as greatly reducing the chances for the app to cause a Thread Explosion.
• Performance: Disk writes of the App’s state-changes have now been removed from the main Event queue and passed on to the Filesystem queue, making the app perform faster since all State and Logic changes can be performed without waiting for disk writes.
That's it for this week, folks! We’re working hard already on our next release. See you then ;)
nRF Connect doesn't prompt you for reviews. We value your time and know you might need to make use of our tool in times of pressure. That being said, if you feel good about us and want to perform a gesture, please leave us a review. It helps us a lot. Thank you so much in advance. :-)
To contact us, holler us on Twitter @NordicTweets. You can also use our DevZone forums (https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/) where you will receive quick support for your inquiries.
Ratings and Reviews
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA
- 28.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.